Fred Weasley: Come Home to Me

Prompt: during the stretch of time that the Order takes to move Harry during the Battle of the Seven Potters, you're at the Burrow with Molly hoping and praying your other half comes home okay.

"They should be back by now, right?" Your shaky voice inquired. "They... they're going by broom so- so it should be faster."

"Give them time, dear," Molly consoled me, though her voice was just as unsteady as my own. "Just be patient."

You waited by that front door. It's one in the morning, a time you'd usually be fast asleep, but not now. No. Now your better half is helping transport Harry to the Burrow by risking his life for him.

You didn't fully agree with the plan that everyone adopted to look like Harry, essentially putting a target on their heads, but Harry's your brother. And you'd do anything to keep him safe.

You just wish it didn't put all of their lives at risk.

You've lost too many friends now that one more loss of someone close and you'd be giving up on life itself. Especially if it were to be either Fred or Harry. If you lost either or both of those two, you will have lost your entire world and you couldn't emotionally handle that loss.

"Is- is that... Molly! Molly they're back! I see Hagrid's bike!" I called out to her from where she stood busying herself at the sink with dishes so she wouldn't panic too much. But when she heard that the first group of people had arrived, she rushed to your side to welcome them.

Although, the second Harry walked into the house, Remus Lupin, who was stationed at the Burrow to keep you and Molly safe, threw Harry against the wall and asked him a security question. One that only Harry would know the answer to.

Once it had been confirmed that it really was Harry, you threw your arms around your brother in an emotional hug.

"Bloody hell, Harry," You broke into light tears. "This scares me. This scares me so much. Thank Merlin you're safe."

"I know, I'm okay," He held you closer as he huffed out a sharp breath of relief seeing that you were indeed safe as well. "I love you."

"I love you too," You pulled back from the hug, worry filling your eyes again. "Have you seen Fred? Well, obviously not Fred, Fred because they all look like you but..."

You peered behind Harry out of the door and saw Hermione and Ron hugging desperately. Like their lives depended on them embracing each other right then and there. Which you understood. You felt the same for Fred as Hermione does for Ron.

Suddenly you saw Arthur weakly hobbling towards the house with George's arm over his shoulder. There was a considerable amount of blood on the side of his face which sent a stake through your heart. Immediately you and Harry rushed out to help George and got him inside on the couch.

Molly began fussing over him and grabbed a wet rag to clean the side of his head with. It was then that you saw he didn't have his ear. There was a hole where it used to be. It looked rather gruesome and you tried not to get queasy.

But if this was George's injury... you hoped and prayed that Fred wasn't too bloodied up either.

And just to break the silence.

"Where's my girl?!" You heard his voice from outside. So you jumped up from where you were crouched by George's side and sprinted out the door. There he was. Walking towards the house in seemingly perfect condition.

"Freddie!!" You cried, jumping into his arms. He nearly fell over but held you tightly to him and panted heavily as relief washed over him and yourself. "Oh my god... Fred I was so scared..."

"I know. I know me too. But I'm okay love," He pulled back to look at your face. "I'm right here. I love you. I'm okay."

"Freddie... Georgie's been hurt," you told him slowly as he set you down. "He's real bloodied up. Yet somehow still smiling."

"George?" Fred stepped into the house, froze for a bit as he processed the sight of his twins' bloody head, then crouched next to George where he was on the couch.

Their voices were hushed and quiet because George obviously was low on strength, so his voice wasn't very strong. But you heard when George made a joke about being holy due to his ear. Everyone who heard him laughed and admired how he could be a light still in such a dark situation.

Once Molly urged everyone to go to bed to get some much needed rest, you and Fred lied in his bed in the twins' old room. Your arms wrapped around each other as securely as you could get them without making either of you too uncomfortable. You both just needed to hold each other.

Despite all of the danger still ahead, and adrenaline still coursing through each of your veins, you fell asleep in each other's arms knowing that for the moment... you had him and he had you and everything was okay.