George Weasley: Bullied

Prompt: he witnesses someone bullying you. then witnesses your strength. and thinks that maybe he should admit his feelings.
——————————-

"Well! If it isn't the hermit of Hogwarts! I've heard you called by many names... but I think hermit is the best. I feel it really encaptures how... estranged you are," Pansy's cruel voice rang out from behind you. You were just trying to get to class without being shoved or snapped at.

"Leave me alone, Pansy," You shot back, continuing forward.

"Are you really that terrified of people?" Pansy cackled. "You won't even look at me! What a wimp!"

You sighed audibly and turned to face her, your arms tightening around your books. "What do you want, Pansy? Don't you have class to get to?"

"Class can wait. I don't get in trouble anyway," She crossed her arms over her chest and smirked. "So, who are you gonna go running around with next? Another Gryffindor? A Ravenclaw? Ooh, Ravenclaw is a stretch. They're smart, you're definitely not even someone they'd entertain being with."

"What does it matter to you?" You sighed once again, just so exhausted with her torture already. "I don't have time to deal with you."

"It's not a shocker she's dumped so often," One of Pansy's friends snorted. "Cakes her face in makeup but still can't keep a man for longer than a week."

"Hey! I do the talking!" Pansy growled at her friend, who just scoffed and rolled her eyes, turning back at you. "But she's not wrong. You must use- what- over a hundred products? I've seen your stash. Quite impressive, but sad that not even when you completely change your disgusting face, I don't ever see guys making eyes at you."

"Pansy, I'm gonna leave now."

"Oh look at her! She's crying! Poor baby."

"Hey, let me give you some advice," Pansy pressed a hand to your shoulder. "Just don't even try anymore. No one's going to look at a face like yours and fall in love."

She shoved past you down the hallway. By then the bell had rang and you were fifteen minutes late to your class. When Pansy shoved you, your books and papers went all over the floor.

With tears drifting down your cheeks, you crouched down and picked them up, then sighed sharply and walked down the corridor. You stopped before entering the classroom, wiped your eyes, and forced yourself to smile.

You had no idea someone had seen that entire exchange, even your fake smile, and his heart broke for you. He followed you into the classroom considering he had that same class with you.

He was only late because he wanted to watch what was happening to you. Because deep down he's always cared for you but didn't ever have the courage to say anything.

He watched you in class, from across the room. Watched as you laughed with your friends and continued with your studies like nothing even happened. Your strength made him admire you even more, but he knew something had to change.

He was thinking you might be okay, until he saw you start drawing on your note page and a tear fell down your cheek. You quickly wiped it away so no one would see it but he did. He's seen everything.

He wasn't sure how he was going to approach you, but he knew that he had to. That's all that really mattered to him. He'd figure out what he'd say when he got to it.

Class ended fast, thankfully, McGonagall had only planned a few notes for the day so it was a relatively short class. You left it quick, hoping to dodge any chance of Pansy catching you in the hall again.