George Weasley: Kids

Prompt: You see him with kids 
——————————-

The re-opening of the twins' joke shop was quite the spectacle. As soon as you walk into the tall building, there's an immediate sensory overload. The air is thick with the smell of sweets and burning wood, there are all kinds of flying trinkets zooming through the air, and a load of different sounds coming from all areas of the shop.

You had been hired onto the staff roster mostly so your boyfriend George could see you more often and you didn't have to leave him all day to work another job. It's no guess that you two are very close and snatch any time together you can. Everyone in the wizarding community that knows the twins knows about you primarily because of how much George brags about you.

So, you were doing your job, running around the store and taking turns with each of the twins at the register, when what looked like a group of first year Hogwarts students wandered into the shop and their faces lit up. Expressions of awe and excitement painted their faces as they immediately split off and started looking around at everything that caught their eyes.

A small group of girls found the pen of Pygmy Puffs and were squealing about how cute they were.You walked up to them and smiled. "Do you guys want to play with them? They're very soft."

"Are they nice...?"

"Yeah! Oh, definitely! Here," You opened the gate into the pen and motioned for the girls to come inside with me. They filed in nervously and traveled in their little clump of three. You sat on the floor next to a few of the small Puffs and picked one up. The girls cooed and inched in closer, petting the small Pygmy Puff's pink fur. "See, you wanna hold her?"

"Yeah," One of the girls took the small creature into her hands and smiled wide, then kissed the little ball of pink fur. You glanced up just in time to see George smiling down at you fondly.

"There's a sale on those," George told the girls. "If your parents are here, you can tell them they're all half off."

The girls looked up at him like they were nervous. One of them even blushed. George noticed their intimidation and winked at them, then he left. The girls went back to the little Puffs, one of them nudged the girl who blushed at George.

"Stop," She whined, her face turning a darker shade of red as she grinned a bit.

"Oh, come on, Abigale. Your crush on him is so obvious."

"Shh!" She hid her face in the Pygmy Puff she was holding. "I don't have a crush on him. He's an adult. That's weird."

"I'm two years younger than him," You told her. "He's really sweet. I bet if you just said hey, he'd talk to you."

"Wait," She looked up at me. "Aren't you... you're his girlfriend. That's why he came to see you."

"Yeah," You blushed. "He is. And he's really cool. You don't have to be nervous around him. He likes little people like yourself."

"Isn't that- weird though? That you would let her talk to your boyfriend because she likes him?"

"A crush is nothing to be ashamed of," You told the other girls. "The best way to get over a bit of anxiety to meet someone is to talk to them."

"Okay," She smiled up at you. "But- only if you're there too."

"Yeah! Come on, let's go ask him about the Pygmy Puffs."

The small girl stood with you and you took her hand to lead her to the register where George leaned on his hands. Even slightly hunched over, he towers over the small girl. She looked up at him once, then right back down at her small feet.

"Go ahead, love," You rubbed her shoulder. "What did you want to ask?"

"Um..." She looked up at George, picking at her chipped pink painted nails. "I was just wondering... um... what c-colors of Pygmy Puffs is the best?"

"Oh! Well, there's a lot of colors," George grinned at her. You watched as the girl seemed to just look up at him in utter awe. Her eyes sparkled. "How about we go look at them and I'll tell you which one is my favorite, yeah?"

"Okay," She blushed as he pressed his hand to her small shoulder and led her back to the pen. He shot a look back at you that you hadn't ever seen before. One that resembled the way his father looked at his family during Christmas or birthdays. It made your heart flutter.

You stood by as George picked up one of each of the colors of Pygmy Puffs and they all started squeaking at him and nuzzling into his chest. He laughed. "I love them all. They all grew up here. But I think my favorite color has to be the orange one. Any idea why?"

"It matches your hair," She pointed up at his hair. He nodded with another laugh.

"Yeah! Tell you what, you're here at school, right?" She nodded. "My sister has her own Pygmy Puff at Hogwarts. He's purple and is called Arnold. Since you seem so interested in these little puff balls, I'll let you take one home for free."

"Really?!" She gasped up at him. "Oh my, thank you! Oh, can I have a pink one?"

"Yeah! Here," He set the Puffs down, all but the pink one, and handed the pink one to her. She watched as it curled up in the groove of her arm and buried into her chest. "Aww, think she likes you. I'm sure she's in good hands with you."

She gazed up at George with a look of immense happiness and hugged him. "Thank you! I don't have any good friends. I was lonely."

"Well, Pygmy Puffs make great companions," George told her when she pulled back. "And, you're always welcome to hang out here whenever we're open."

"Thank you, George," She beamed. Then turned towards the door with her new little friend. George grabbed your waist and pulled you in.

"She was cute," You grinned.

"She was. Her little crush was so adorably obvious," George snickered.

"You were so good with her," You blushed. "You'd make a good father some day."

"There isn't a day that goes by I don't think about it. Seeing you with little ones hits me in a different way."

"Glad you hired me then, Weasley?" You teased.

"Very," He kissed you. "I'm very happy. Now, I think Fred needs help with those boys over there. They look a little too excited about those fireworks."

"Oh, like how you and your brother always did at that age?" You fired back.

"You're driving me nuts," He laughed. "Go get to work. Or I'll dock your pay."

"Likely," You rolled your eyes, then smiled as you started to walk away. "Seeing you with that little girl was enough for me."