George Weasley: Alcohol

Prompt: he finds you getting drunk on the floor of the bathroom because of the secret you've kept from him
——————————-

"Darling? Getting drunk without me?" George had joked, seeing you sitting on the bathroom floor with a half empty bottle of firewhiskey in your hand, very drunk and very emotional.

It wasn't until he had seen you in better light that he noticed you were crying between soft mutters to yourself. Then he became very aware of what he had to do in this situation.

He had to be the supportive boyfriend this time. You obviously won't be able to take care of yourself.

"Now," He sat next to you and sighed, placing his hands in his lap. "What's the occasion, flower? I can see that something is bothering you."

"I'm fine," Your words slurred together before you generously sucked in another gulp of whiskey, then winced a bit at the burning feeling as it went down your throat.

"Well, whenever you want to tell me, you can," George replied calmly, knowing any other reaction to your obvious lie wouldn't work. Not with how emotionally compromised you are. "I'll sit right here and keep you company, yeah?"

You took another heavy drink from the bottle and set it down when you finished it, the glass hitting against the floor so hard you were sure it was going to break. Thankfully it didn't.

You swallowed hard a few times, sucking on your tongue to savor the last of the alcohol on your lips. Before you then laid across George's lap with a sigh.

"There you go," He smiled softly, pulling his fingers through your messy hair. "Just rest, love. I'm here."

"I'm depressed, Georgie," You mumbled quietly as you traced your fingertip along the seams of his pant leg. "I'm not happy."

"Well," He stroked your cheek. "It's lucky you have me then, isn't it?"

"I can't be happy," You numbly muttered. "There's no happy for me."

"Rubbish," He said, voice still very calm as he spoke to you. He hasn't laughed at you once.

His lack of judgement on you is something you'll always love most about him. You're convinced it's because he's a momma's boy that he's so sensitive to emotions.

"There's plenty of happy for you, beauty. You just have to know where to look. Firewhiskey is definitely... tasty, when in moderation. But- I wouldn't start depending on it for happiness. It's not healthy."

"Because my dad is an alcoholic," You blurted out. "He gets drunk and angry all the time. You don't want me like him."

"I don't," George confirmed, gently stroking his fingers along your arm. "I love you, I want you to be happy."

"I'm trying to be, Georgie, but life isn't letting me," You got choked up again. "Life doesn't want me to be happy but I want to be happy. I'm so mad."

"Are you? I would be too," He agreed now, knowing that his support for you in this situation is helping you process things easier.

"Listen, I want to talk to you more about this, but I also want you to remember what I say. So it won't be tonight that we talk about this. We'll stay in here a bit longer because you just finished a whole bottle of whiskey on your own so you're likely to throw that up. I'll help you. Then we'll get you up to bed, yes? Sound good?"

"Okay, Georgie," You told him, then turned over on his lap and buried your face into his stomach. "You're my only happy."

"I know I am, my girl," He frowned a bit but kissed your cheek. "That's why I don't ever plan on going anywhere. I've got you, darling. Rest if you need to. I'll be right here when you wake to hold your hair and get you cleaned up to bed."

"Love you," You mumbled whilst half asleep.

"I love you too."