George Weasley: Just Tell Me

Prompt: he spots something he wasn't supposed to see at dinner. but waits to ask you about it. even though it has him going insane internally.
(tw: mentioned self harm/bullying)

You were seated next to your beloved boyfriend George at dinner that evening. You'd had such a hard couple of days and succumbed to your lack of mental strength. So a beautiful, calm night with George was what you needed.

You planned on dragging him out to yours and his favorite spot to be alone. The quidditch pitch.

You and Harry were speaking rather intensely about the most recent quidditch match against Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. So intensely, in fact, that you hadn't noticed the secret you've been keeping from George had been exposed to him.

The bright red and pink slits lining the soft skin of your inner forearm.

He reached over to your arm and pulled your sleeve down so no one else would see them. But he gave you that look through his eyes that told you he definitely needs an explanation.

For the rest of dinner, you neglected to pick up your fork and eat something. Nor did you drink anything. Your heart was racing the entirety of the meal, how could you have focused on anything other than what could've been running through George's head?

Unfortunately, dinner ended rather quickly, which meant everyone went up to the common room. Everyone, that is, but you and George. Who'd already begun leading you out to the dark quidditch pitch before he spoke in a soft voice.

"I just wanna talk."

You didn't know what to say in return. You don't know what to say about this at all. So you remained silent as the two of you entered the pitch and sat on a bench in the stands.

Thankfully, you're in the warmer months, so it's not as frigid as the times you've come out here before.

You and George sat in the quiet for quite a long time. It seemed as if he was making sure you grew comfortable in your surroundings as well as with him.

Knowing that he knows what you didn't want him to know, you weren't sure you'd ever feel comfortable with this.

Surprisingly, you were the first to talk.

"Georgie... you weren't supposed to see it."

"But I have, and now I want to know why, so I can help."

Were you going to be honest? Were you going to give him an opportunity to be overprotective and likely do something stupid to get himself in trouble for your case?

"I'm being bullied."

"You are?" His concerned eyes turned towards you. "By who?"

"Pansy," You admitted regretfully. "The things she says about my body... even Draco joins in sometimes. They make me feel horrible about myself."

"So, you turn to hurting yourself because of it?" He looked confused. He's trying his best to understand. "I'm just... trying to understand why you'd think that then hurting yourself would make you feel better? Wouldn't it make you hate your body more? Especially knowing you're doing that?"

"It does. But... it also distracts me from the heart pain..."

"For how long?" George asked. "Because I can't imagine hurting yourself completely heals your heart. I don't think it works that way. Why haven't you come to me?"

You reluctantly told him this next bit. You weren't supposed to tell anyone at all to begin with. But you knew George wouldn't let this go if you'd told him it was just a "fascination with hurting yourself".

"They said if I tell anyone that they'd um..." You swallowed hard and shook your head.

Your hands trembled in your lap. You tried your best to clasp them together so George wouldn't see. But that was before his large hands wrapped around them in a blanket of warmth and held them tightly.

"You can tell me. Threats are scary, I know."

"They said they'd tell Dumbledore that I was planning to become a Death Eater or had already become one. They had all of the proof lined up as well, even though it was fake. It... would get me kicked out of the school, Georgie. I wouldn't be able to see you. I'd have to go home to- to those horrible, abusive people who call themselves my parents..."

"Hey, no you won't," George pulled you in the second your voice cracked. It spoke to his heart and said 'please'. "Because whatever proof they have isn't concrete. Plus, if we go to Headmaster about this first, I guarantee their threats will be null and void. They won't stand a chance."

You appreciated his words but what really gave your heart it's relief was his arms. His caring, protective, warm embrace. You've never felt safer.

"Promise me something, yeah?" His voice was a soft mumble. You felt his hand brush against your cheek as he tucked your hair behind your ear. You nodded. "Promise me the next time you ever feel like making yourself bleed because your heart hurts, that you'll come to me and we'll figure a better way to heal. Can you do that?"

"Yeah," You sniffled but looked up at him. Even though you were sure you looked like a complete and total hot mess. "I love you, Georgie."

"I love you too, beautiful," His soft pink lips pressed to yours. "Stop hurting my girl. She's everything to me."