Chapter 16

**(Edited)**

Hannah's POV

"I'm so sorry" she whispers as she hugs me into her arms and rubs my back. I don't hug her back as I push her off of me. I thought I could trust her, she made it seem like she loved me and now it's all falling apart because of him. She supported his lying, everything.

"You're just a liar" I take her hands off and wipe my face. She looks at me with tears in her eyes as she grabs me and pulls me into her office. I don't talk as she shuts the door and then grabs a box of tissues before sitting me down on her small couch next to her.

"Hannah, I couldn't help it. I'm sorry" she pleas as I look away and wipe my tears.

"He's your son. Your son did that to me. Why didn't you say something when he walked in days ago?" I question as she sighs.

"I couldn't, I still can't. I'm sorry but Tyler has to tell you why. When did you find out?" She asks as I look down again.

"Jake said his name trying to introduce me to him. Imagine my surprise when he said his name was Tyler Bolton, and that he was a cop, bodyguard, and private investigator. What was the purpose of lying?" I cry as I look at my jeans and see my tears falling down on them. She wipes her face with tears as she starts, "Hannah, it's his job. I can't tell you anything, he has to. He has different identities for each person he protects, investigates, everything." She whispers as I nod. Was he investigating me for something?

My heart feels like it's been stumped under a foot. I just hate this. And then it hits me, "You knew when you were trying to set us up. You knew he was lying" I tell her as she shakes her head no.

"Hannah, he called me the day he met you. He didn't even get his information for his case until the day after your school started. But I know he loves you" she whispers as I shake my head no.

"Why did he tell me he was Brett Kinard?" I ask as she sighs.

"I can't tell you" she whispers as I look away from her and shake my head. She can't even tell me why and what I need to know and I thought she would. I don't even regret what I'm about to say.

"I quit" I demand as I grab my stuff and walk towards the door.

"Han-" she goes to start as I cut her off, "I can't believe you. I trusted you, you were like my mom and you know" I cut myself off as my tears flow down. "You know how much lying is wrong to me. You know how much I hate it and you still did it over and over again without thinking about me. I quit" I demand as I grab the handle and walk out.

"Hannah!" she yells behind me as I walk out and ignore her.

I turn on my heels when I see B-Tyler walk through the front door of the diner. I don't even talk to him as I take the side door out and he sees me. When he tries to come after me I start running. I run down the steps and directly to the Uber who thankfully is back already. I get in and lock the door as he comes up to the window.

He tries to open it as he taps the door, "Open the door" he tells me as I shake my head no.

"Drive please" I demand as the driver instantly nods and starts driving off. I don't talk to her, or answer my phone as she drives and I tell her the address of my dorm building.

She drives for a few minutes and I pay her again before thanking her and getting out of the car. I walk away and shut the door before I realize I left my purse with my dorm key in Jake's truck because I was supposed to ride back with him. Thank God I had my phone case with the credit card in the back.

How could tonight get any worse? I'm a crying mess and I'll be sleeping on the concrete and Jake's the only person I can call.