Chapter 13

**(Edited)**

Hannah's POV

My shift is going like I expected it to. It's very slow, I've only made about fifty dollars but I'm happy about it. My period pain pills have worn off and I feel like shit, I'm bloated, hormonal, and I'm not feeling today. I just sit on the barstool behind the register as the costumers walk out. There's over twenty other booths so if someone comes in they'll just have to sit in another one because I don't have the energy to clean it right now.

I bring out one of my favorite books and start reading for a few minutes. That's something I'll never get tired of, reading. Jessie hates it and refuses to read anything she doesn't have to but, I love it, especially my dirty romance books.

I don't hear the bell above the door chine until I look up and meet a cop. Not just any cop, a very tall one that's extremely beautiful. He's dirty blonde, has huge muscles, is wearing his uniform, and his eyes are bright green. If I wasn't so in love with Brett, and messed up in my own mind I'd probably talk to him.

That was my type before Brett anyway, and now, all I can see is him when I look at other men.

"Hi ma'am y'all still open?" He asks as he looks at the empty tables, "Yeah, we close at nine, and it's only six" I tell him as he nods and smiles at me. He takes a seat at the barstool in front of me as I close and hide my book away. Laura's in the back anyway, so it's just me and him, and the cook but he's way behind the kitchen counter.

"What would you like?" I ask as I stand up and give him a silverware packet and menu.

"I'll just have a cheeseburger with fries, can I get a coke to drink?" He asks as I nod and write the ticket before putting it in the computer and sending it back to the kitchen. I make his coke and sit it in front of him as I sit back down behind the register, and he just happens to be right in front of me.

"So how long have you been working here? I usually don't see you here" he asks as I nod.

"Just a few weeks" I offer as I look at his uniform, he has tattoos too. His aren't as much as Brett's but they remind me a lot of each other without the cop badge.

"New to town?" He grins as I shake my head no, "New to a job" I smile as he drinks back.

"What's your name?" He asks as I look at my hands. I have to lie to him, and the only thing in front of me is Sierra Mist I got from the kitchen for my stomach ache.

"Tierra" I lie to him as he smiles, "I'm Jake Nolan" he tells me back as I shake his hand, "I also know you're lying to me but I'm not calling you out on it Ms. Sierra Mist" he says while gesturing to the bottle in front of me. Shit, he's good.

"Fine, I'm not supposed to tell anyone my name. You caught me Mr. Nolan" I tell him while looking at his bulging muscles and then see the arrows on his shoulder, that must mean he's a higher rank or something.

"Jake and I get it. I could be a fake with a badge but I do have this" he tells me back as I nod and look down to see him hold his side. Brett does that.

"What are you holding?" I ask as he moves his hand and shows me his gun. That's the same as Brett's gun. How do they have the same one? They must shop at the same weapons store.

"Right, I believe you, sorry. My names Hannah" I mumble as I look away.

"Nice to meet you Hannah and don't be, I thought it was about to slip out of the holster. The strap on it's loose, I need to go to the range and fix it tomorrow" he tells me as I nod. That still doesn't explain why Brett has one.