Chapter 14

**(Edited)**

Hannah's POV

After texting Jake and not having anything to do on a Tuesday afternoon, I agree to go shooting with him. I've never shot a gun in my life, at all, so know I'm just trying to get over Brett, and the only way I can do that is not thinking about it. I ate a pint of ice cream and cried myself to sleep last night so I hope I'm out of tears.

Deep down though, I know I'm still not over it. I just feel broken, used, and manipulated into thinking that he loved me but I know he doesn't. He hasn't even shown up to our classes at all, and that's good because I don't feel like seeing him.

I'm coming up to get you. Jake texts as I look down at my outfit. I hope it's okay, it's freezing outside, I think it may be forty degrees, or less. I'm wearing jeans, black booties, a pullover with a 3/4 zip, my hair curled, and a beanie. I just don't like to be cold, I never have.

I'm on my way down already. I text him back as I shut the door and walk out of my room. I think I could trust him but because that's backfired in my face one to many times, I don't. I don't think I'll even trust a man again. I don't want him to know what room I'm in. I made that mistake with Brett and it cost me my virginity. Well, that and my own stupidity.

I walk down to the front doors and see him waiting patiently in jeans and a black coat with a hat on. He looks good, he looks just the right amount of hot and attractive.

"Hi" I say behind him as he turns and I smile as I see him. He immediately hugs me into his chest as I smile and hug him back.

"You look beautiful Hannah" he tells me while looking my whole body up and down. He looks at my hat and flicks the ball of brown fuzzies on top as he laughs.

"Hey don't judge! It's cold!" I scold him as he laughs and smiles at me. His teeth are really clean and he has a very attractive smile. That along with the sign on his coat that says, Georgia PD or something like that.

"It is, ready to go?" He asks as I nod. He offers his arm to me as I take it out into the cold. His arm is super muscular but it's not as big as Brett's. Brett's is two sizes bigger than my head, Jake's are bigger than average but normal, maybe that's why I seem to be okay with him, he's normal.

He opens the passengers side door of his truck for me as I get in and away from the cold and he follows getting into the drivers side and cutting on the heat as fast as he can. His truck is beautiful, it's more of a dad type of vehicle that Brett's. It's covered in chrome, it's white, it's a luxury model, and he has leather seats. Brett has black leather, and a sports edition this one just looks regular.

He smiles at me as he takes his hat off and starts driving towards the outskirts of town. "So what are you majoring in?" He asks as he keeps driving.

"English and business, did you go to college?" I ask as he shakes his head no. "I went to the police academy, college wasn't for me. I did go for a semester to make my parents happy but I hated every minute of it" he tells me as I smile. I know what that's like, hating the class your taking that is.

"Oh, I get that. So how long have you been a state trooper cop type of thing?" I ask as he laughs.

"Three years, but I really love it" he tells me as I smile, "So that means you'll get me out of a ticket?" I ask as he nods and keeps driving.

"Maybe, we'll see" he tells me while smiling. I don't need him to get me out of a ticket I'm just making small talk.

"So how many siblings do you have?" I questions as he starts, "Two older sisters and one sister that's the baby" he tells me as I start, "I have an older sister too, but I was adopted" I open up as he smiles.