Chapter 40

Milyn POV 

"Who was that ?" Crystal asked, as I hung up the phone.

"It was.. Tyler."

She looked at me strangely, "Well what did he say ?"

"Auntie Cece you have to put your card down." Mell said. They were playing Uno.

"He wants me to meet up with him."

"Now ?" She said, putting a card into the pile.

I nodded my head, "Then go !" She laughed.

I got up and slid my phone into my pocket. I kissed Mell on the forehead and roughed up his hair, "See you later kid."

"Bye Mommy."

"Lock the door behind me Crystal."

.

.

I walked into IHOP and laughed to myself. This is where X chased me out and Tyler and I first "date" as you can say. 

I walked further down and saw Tyler sitting at the table. He was  playing on his phone and when I sat across from him he looked up.

"Wassup ?" He asked, putting his phone down on the table.

"Hey."

An awkward silence filled between us until our waitress came and asked for our drinks. We both ordered sweet tea, "Are you two ready to order ?"

Tyler looked towards me and I nodded, "I'll have the Chocolate chips pancakes with hash brown."

She wrote it down and looked at Tyler, "I'll get the four original French Toast, eggs and two pieces of bacon."

She wrote his order down and smiled up at us, "Your food should be here shortly." She walked away leaving Tyler and I back in silence.

"So what did you want to talk about ?" I asked.

"I just want to catch up with you."

Bullshit.

"Well Mell is doing fine. We're alive."

He looked as if he was going to say something he'll regret but he held his tongue, "How are you and Jordan ?" 

"We're not together."

"Oh."

I started playing with my fingers, "I miss you.", He said. I looked up in shock. I thought wrong. My mind made me think that he had forget about me.

"You didn't tell me that ten months ago."

"Everything was hectic. I had a lot on my mind and i'll admit that I fucked up."

"Oh, so you now have a voice when your little thing isn't no longer attached to you ?"

I stared at the irritated look on his face, "So you just used her Jordan ? Damn that's low Tyler."

"Listen, i'm trying to fu -"

Our waitress came back with our food and sat both plates down in front of us."

"May I get a box ?" I asked.

She looked caught off guard, "Already ?"

"Yeah, this may be a short lunch."

I could feel Tyler's stare burn a hole through my face, "Well I guess i'll get that for you."

I smiled as she walked off. I sipped some of my tea,"So are you with that dude or not ?"

"What dude ?" I asked.

"The nigga that's been in your pictures recently."

"And if I am ?"

He kissed his teeth, "Why don't you just answer the question ?"

"Because it's not of your business if I am."

"Why you acting like that ?" 

"Lets see. My ex boyfriend that I thought was someone who I could love forever but lied to my face more than once about stupid shit. Oh, and who played with another girls feelings to hurt MY feelings but is asking why i'm acting the way I am."

I paused and shrugged, "Maybe because you made me like this."

"Milyn I apologized over and over to your stubborn ass. What more do you want me to do ?"

"You don't even know what you're apologizing for ! You're saying sorry to push everything that happened between us under the rug."

The waitress awkwardly put down the box on the table. Once she walked away I put a twenty on the table, "Mane what ever Milyn. I ain't tryna' hear that shit." He waved me off.

"It's the truth ! What the fuck ?"

"It's not the damn truth !" He yelled.

People started to stare at us, "You and I both know how we feel about each other."

"Feelings fade after a while." I rested my chin on my hand as I sat my elbow on the table.

"Milyn don't sit here and say you don't feel the same way -"

"I'm leaving."

I already put all my food in my box so I got up and stormed out the restaurant. A few minutes later I heard Tyler call my name. I ignored him and took my keys out my pocket, "Milyn !" He yelled after me.

"Fuck you Tyler." I spat coldly.

He walked up to me and grabbed my wrist. I winced in pain, "Calm your lil' ass down." He said.

"Let go off me." I gritted through my teeth.

His grasp loosened and I snatched my wrist away, "Lose my number." I said before getting  in my car.

I slammed the door and pulled off. My patience and tolerance for Tyler is getting thin.

Tyler POV 

"Fuck." I said to myself as she sped off.

This wasn't how this was supposed to go. Our personalities are clashing more than they ever do. It's like we keep going back to the starting line. We're not moving on from anything and it's irritating the shit outta me. She's stubborn. I'm stubborn. How the hell is this going to work ? I can't keep losing her like this. I care about and love her too much. All I could think of is space right now. At least til everything cools down.