Chapter 23 part 2.

Cheyenne POV 

I opened the bag and it was a lot of goodies from Victoria's Secret. I looked all throughout the bag and the smile on my face spread wider.

"Oh my god, thank you Chris." I smiled.

"Thank me by trying it on."

I looked at him and he glanced at me smirking before looking back on the road.

"Why did you really buy this ?" I asked.

"For your ass to try it on." He laughed.

I ignored him and shook my head while looking out the window.

My phone kept ringing and it was my parents. Since I told them Chresanto and I broke up they've been calling me non-stop. Well, I should just say my mother. She's the one that's been calling the most.  She's so annoying and judgmental.

"Who's calling you ?" Chris asked.

"An ex." I replied.

I decided to mess with him.

"Fuck an ex calling you for ?" He asked, clearly agitated.

"Chris." I said, reminding him Shai was in the car.

"Why your ex creepin' ?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I told him we were just friends."

"I gotta deal with his ass ?" He asked.

"We're just friends Chris, we're not together. There isn't anything to handle." I said.

He just nodded, "I sense how you're the jealousy type." I laughed.

"Hell yeah i'm the jealous type cause we started out as just friends too."

I laughed and shook my head.

We finally came to our destination and Chris got out to get Shai.

"The beach ?" I asked.

"Shai said she wanted to go." He shrugged.

He has such a soft spot for Shai.

"Aw, that's so sweet." I cooed.

I held Shai hand as we walked through the sand, "Mommy the water !"

"What color is the water ?" I asked her.

"Blue." She said, "Daddy lets pway in water."

Chris grabbed her hand and they went off in the water. I watched as Shai giggles cause Chris to smile. They looked so happy and lovely. I took my phone from my shorts back pocket and snapped a picture.

After a few minutes of them playing in the water, they both came back and Chris sat Shai in his lap.

"Want to build a sand castle with mommy ?"

"Yes, a pwincess castle." She smiled.

I nodded and walked out to the water to fetch for the sand castle. I came back and Shai and I started working on the castle.

After we finished our beach trip we headed back towards Chris mom house.

"Why are we going to your mom house ?" I asked.

"Dropping Shai off. She wanted to spend some time with her."

I nodded.

We pulled up to her house and Chris got out to pick up Shai who was sleeping. I got out the car and closed my door, walking on the other side. Ms. Joy door was already opened and she walked outside.

"The beautiful Cheyenne." She smiled, pulling me in for a hug.

"Hi Ms. Joy."

She stale faced me, "You know better. Call me momma Joy."

I smiled, "Okay,  Momma Joy."

"Chris what is taking you so long to bring that child inside ?" She snapped.

"Quit rushing me." He started mumbling other things under his breath.

"That boy head is too hard." Momma Joy shook her head.

After we dropped Shai off, we got back into the car and drove off. I looked out my window at the beautiful blue sky. It was calm and nice out.

We pulled up to Chris house and we both got out the car. I grabbed my Victoria's Secret bag from the back and Shai shoe box.

I waited for Chris to  unlock the door and when he did I walked inside. I had put Shai box on the table.

"You have to try on that shit forreal Cheyenne." I heard him say, "You know, just to see whether we have to return some back for a different size."

I laughed a little, "Maybe." I said.

"I'm kind of tired and don't feel like driving. I'm going to crash on the couch." I said.

"Cool, i'm going right down to the gas station real quick. I'll be back."

I nodded and dozed off to sleep.

I woke up and checked the time on my phone. Three hours? Seems longer than that.

"Chris ?" I called out.

I didn't get a reply so I got up ad stretched before walking upstairs. 

"Chris ?" I called again.

I looked in his room and he wasn't there. He said he was going to the gas station which is right down the street. I walked back downstairs and looked out the window. His car was outside, so that means he couldn't have gone anywhere else. I pulled out my phone and tried calling him. It went straight to voice mail. I called him again and got the voice mail. I decided to just call Allysa over. I'm starting to freak out.

"So what happened ?" Allysa asked me, plopping down on the couch.

"I told him I was about to take a nap and he told me he was going to the gas station. I woke up and he hasn't come back yet, it's been three hours now." The panic in my voice was getting more noticeable.

"Aight, first calm down." She said, "Second, let me send a group message to the boys and Milyn."

I nodded and sat down on the couch next to her.

"What if something terrible happened ?" I asked.

"Chris is crazy as fuck. Nothing can handle him."

Chris POV 

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense." The officer said.

"Duck your head." Another said.

I got in the back of the police car and let out a huge ass sigh. Fuck.