Chapter 38

Two days later.

Tyler POV 

I opened the front door and shaded my eyes a little from the sun. I saw Jordan walk up and I closed the door behind her.

She moved a strand of hair from her face, "Hey." She said.

I gave her a head nod and sat down on the couch. She sat  next to me and I waited for her to speak. I don't i'm the one who has to explain.

"So where you been at these past two days ?"

Nah, I change my mind.

"Home and visiting my sister. I asked her for some advice." I nodded my head, "I apologize for snapping on you like that."

"Wassup with you ? That shit wasn't you."

My eyes grew wide as I stared at her, "Are you pregnant ?"

I could've sworn I pulled out the last time.

"No Tyler, i'm on my period.", God just saved me, "But I do want to talk to you."

"I'm all ears."

"If you want a friendship tell me, so I can't treat you like a friend. You don't feel like anything will come "us"? Tell me, so we can stop talking. I don't want to sit around and catch feelings for someone who's going to leave me in the long run."

"Jordan I only want you -

"It doesn't seem like it. I feel that you're only with me to get over your feelings for Milyn. I don't want that Tyler. I actually love you."

Her eyes watered a little but I know that she thinks she's too strong to cry. 

"I don't want to get hurt in the end."

"I'm not going to hurt you Jordan." I said and grabbed her hands.

She shook her head and slowly pushed my hands away, "I think we should go back to being friends."

"I don't want that."

"But I do."

We stared at each other and she stood up, "I need to go."

She got up and walked to the door and I followed behind her, "Sorry Jordan."

"Bye Tyler."

I watched her walk out and down the drive way. I closed the door and walked over to the couch to sit down.

Maybe Jordan's right. Maybe what we had wasn't real feelings. I'm going to miss her but I think it was good that she broke out of our unhealthy relationship. The times were good while it lasted.

Chris POV  

"He's going to be my prodigy." I smiled down at Josiah as he slept in my arms.

Damn my life changed fast. I'm engaged to the most beautiful woman, have a daughter and a newborn son. All while balancing at being a dealer. I can't say that it's easy cause it's not. I have to make more time for my family but money doesn't just grow on trees. Chey is the true definition of a ride or die. No matter what happens between us she still chooses to stay with my mental ass. It's been two months and I have to go back to selling. That's been weighing over my head, mostly because i'm anxious about Chey's

"He's going to be a well mannered and educated man." Chey smiled.

She rested her head on my shoulder as she smiled down at Josiah, "He's not gon' be no damn queer Cheyenne."

"What ever Chris. He's not going to be a thug either."

I heard small knocks on the door, "Is it Daddy and Mommy time ?" Shai asked.

I chuckled to myself as Cheyenne took Josiah out my hands. I walked over to the door and opened it.

"Wassup princess ?" 

"I want you to come play with me." She grabbed my hand.

"Chris can you hold him really quick, I have to go to the bathroom."

She handed me Josiah as she sprint to the bathroom, "Hold on Sh -"

"No !" She stomped her foot on the ground and crossed her arms, "You never play with me anymore !" She yelled.

"Shai calm -"

"You always pway with Joey and never me. You love him more !"

"Stop yelling Shai before you wake up your brother."

"What's going on ?" Chey asked.

"Daddy is being a big meany !" She yelled.

"Didn't I tell you to quit yelling because you're -

"He's not my brother !"

Josiah started crying from Shai shouting again. The vein in my neck popped, "Go to your room !" I yelled at Shai. I saw how her eyes grew big and fear swept across her face. Her small lips trembled as she ran out the room.

"Christopher !" Chey yelled.

I instantly felt bad for yelling at Shai. I never yelled at her like that but she never caught any temper tantrums like that.

Chey took Josiah out my arms and started rocking him, "Go check on her."

I walked out our room and down the hall to Shai's. I heard her crying and I walked into her room closing the door.

"Shai ?"

I reached out to rub her back but she flinched and moved away from me. That shit right there broke my heart. It hurts to see your own daughter flinch at your touch. She started sobbing and I sat down on her bed.

"I apologize Shai. Daddy didn't mean to yell at you."

"Y - You scared me." She cried.

I sighed, "Come here." 

She looked up at me and it seemed like she was looking to see if it was okay.

"Please." I said.

She slowly crawled towards me and sat in my lap as I held her.

"I didn't mean to scare you princess. I was just angry that you woke up Josiah. You can scare him from yelling."

"I'm sorry Daddy."

"It's okay but look at me."

"Daddy will always love you okay ?"

She nodded, "Josiah isn't a big boy yet. You're a big girl, so I don't have to change you or give you a bottle all the time. Josiah just needs a little more help than you do. He's a baby."

I wiped the tears from her eyes, "You understand ?"

"Yes." She nodded and I kissed her forehead, "I love you and Josiah just like how I love your Mommy."

I poked her nose and she giggled, "You love your brother right ?"

"Yes."

"And you're going to be the best big sister in the whole world ?"

"Yes." She laughed.

"I got one more question ?"

She smiled at me, "Do you think you can beat Daddy to the kitchen downstairs ?"

She nodded, "I'll give you a head start but you have to be careful going down those stairs."

"Okay."

"You're losing time." I laughed.

She hopped off my lap and ran out her room. I waited some seconds before running after her listening to her giggles.

 .

.

.

 For next Chapter:

100+ Votes & 30+ Comments.