Singing

Since you had been on the small island of Neverland, the one thing you missed most was your ability to sing whenever. You loved to sing and you couldn't do it often here. The boys were all too playful and the only time they did sing was when they were messing around the fire, and even then, they were playing. 

Pan had his flute, but nobody was really super musical here. You missed singing and playing for the people who would listen. Mainly your close family and friends. You would often sing to yourself when nobody else around, because when you did, even if you were quietly singing to yourself, Pan would usually tell you to quit. He would say "Its annoying useless noise."

So, you stopped singing around him and the other boys, starting to feel insecure about it. You would now only sing when you were in your tent or doing work by yourself. You had managed to make a working guitar that nobody knew about. It took you a long time to make, but you were ultimately proud of the outcome. It worked like a normal guitar, but you didn't play it often in fear of being herd.

Recently, Pan had been giving you less and more lightweight work. You had no clue the occasion but didn't mind getting done with your work early to go see the lagoon or the beach for a while. Neverland was peaceful and beautiful, but you felt trapped. 

Pan wouldn't let you leave. He seemed to hate you since you got on the island. He gave you mean looks and liked to shove you sometimes. Being the only girl on the island was hard, apparently not just for you. Pan eventually accepted you as the first lost girl. He stopped pushing you and making fun of you and started treating you like the others.

One of the things that worried you often was how ruthless Pan could be. He didn't care about anyone else really. Only for himself, he didn't care if someone got hurt or died, as long as he was unharmed, anything could happen. A lot of the time, he would be the one doing the killing. He punished people harshly for little mistakes. He also didn't accept apologies. 

You had noticed recently that Pan was acting differently towards you. He was being nicer to you than usual and would smile at you randomly for no reason. When you would gather around the fire at night as he plays his flute, he would usually be locking eyes with you.

Asking Felix, he was sure that it was because Pan had feelings for you. Yeah, like hatred? You didn't think seriously that Pan would like you, even if he was being nicer recently and locking eyes with you... and blushing now that you think about it, and smiling, not his arrogant or impish smiles, but genuine caring smiles, and the way he has a sweeter voice when talking to you than the other boys. 

Wow... Pan did like you. How did that happen? 

You decided to ignore it for now. If Pan wanted you to know, he would be sure you knew, but you weren't going to make any move in the meantime. First, you didn't like him like that, and second, that would likely make things awkward, and third, he would likely go back to being mean to you if you said anything.

It started getting late and you couldn't fall asleep. You knew Pan would be upset if he knew you were out wandering alone in the dark, but you needed to get out without anybody knowing where you were for a bit. You brought your guitar. If you were far enough from the camp, nobody would hear you play.

After wandering for a few minutes, being sure you knew your way back, you decided to sit near a boulder. You looked up at the stars for a bit. They were so pretty on Neverland. This was something you could appreciate about the island. The true beauty of it.

You pulled out the guitar, strumming it a few times and tuning it to perfection. You played a few chords, deciding on what to play. On deciding, you remembered the song you used to always sing to yourself, the one you wished you could sing to someone, but never had anyone to sing it to. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol.