Love I Hate (Part 1)

You hated Peter. Well, at least that's what you kept telling yourself. You guys were always at each other's throats, but you had a massive crush on him. It was bigger than you'd thought. You'd often catch yourself staring at him at the campfire and thinking about him at night. A lot of the times, you used anger towards him to cover it up. You almost could even see each other without almost getting into a physical fight. 

You could never let him know that you had feelings for him. He would hate you even more and probably even kick you off the island. You're surprised he hasn't already. 

You hated constantly bickering with him, but you didn't want him to know about your crush on him. You didn't like him. Having a crush on him didn't mean you liked him, you didn't want to have this crush cause you hated him so much. How is it possible to love someone you hate?

You weren't sure how it worked yourself, you just knew, he couldn't know about it at all. 

Today, you were hoping to avoid Peter altogether. You had woken up and tried to stay in your tent until you had to. Felix, Pan's best friend, walked in to let you know that they were starting training.

"Okay thanks, Felix," you told him. You knew it was gonna start soon, but you still didn't want to. You walked out of the tent and immediately saw Pan giving orders to a few of the lost boys. To avoid him, you walked the long way to the field.

You picked up a bow and a few arrows to practice archery. You weren't very good at it so you made a few shots and missed the target every time.

"You're doing it wrong." You heard the all too familiar voice that belonged to Pan behind you. You just ignored him and fired again. You missed again. "Told you," he spoke again.

You turned around and glared at him. He was a lot closer to you than you thought he was. "Well then if you're so smart, show me!" you grumbled.

"I will," he said. He took the bow from you and an arrow and positioned himself. When he released the arrow, it hit the target perfectly in the middle. You rolled your eyes and went to go grab all the arrows.

When you walked back, Peter was giving you his arrogant smirk. You glared at him once again before preparing yourself for another shot. 

"Your hips," you heard him say.

"What?" you respond.

"Your hips. You need to turn them a little." You followed his instruction and turned your hips. "No, the other way."

"Oh," you said, a little embarrassed. You positioned yourself to his orders and shot the arrow. It hits right in the middle. Satisfied, you smiled.

"See, it's all in your position," he told you walking closer to you. 

You just looked at him with no expression. This was one of the first times you talked without getting ready to throw hands. The closer he got to you, the more nervous you got. Your heart started racing and you could feel the heat rising to your cheeks.

He got close enough that you that he could've kissed you. Before anything happened though, Felix called for him from across the field. 

"Keep practicing," he said walking off in Felix's direction. You stood there not entirely sure of what just happened between you and Peter.

Later that day, almost lunchtime, you were collecting water at a river nearby. You carried the small bucket back to the camp when you bumped into Peter, causing the water to spill all over you.

He just looked at you wide-eyed like he hadn't meant to, but he doesn't say anything. 

"Wha- I... you- Peter!" You managed to stammer.

"I... I didn't mean it." He said. He sounded sincere but you were just so upset so you burst.

"Peter! I'm soaked!" you yelled at him.

"I said I was sorry!"

"No, you didn't! You did not say sorry! You just said you didn't mean it!"

He hesitated for a second, "Well, I didn't!" he said.

"Seriously Peter? I can't believe you! You make me-" he cut you off.

"You can't believe me? I told you I didn't mean it Y/N but you are still yelling at me," he said, his voice rising to your level. "I didn't want to argue today, but you just can't control yourself can you."

"What do you mean I can't control myself! I can control myself fine. You just get on my nerves, Peter," you tell him.

He took a step towards you. "Do I Y/N? Do I Really? Or do you just act this way to cover up your true feelings for me?" he shot at you.

You flinch at his remark and take a step back. Seeing your movements, he smiled slightly. "Seems like I hit an awkward truth there," he said patronizingly.

You hesitated for a second before responding. "No! Of course not Peter. I would never have feelings for you. You really think after... everything, that I would have feelings for you?" you threw back at him. His smile faded and he looked angry, but he didn't say anything. 

In a moment of anger, you shove him. Hard. He stumbles back but catches himself. He looks even angrier as he storms back over to you and shoves you back. You realized your mistake, cause when Peter got angry like this, he tended to be excessive and unfair. Especially in retaliation.

He shoved you again, this time harder, causing you to fall to the ground. You tried to stand back up when he grabbed your shoulders, lifting you up, and pushing you against a tree. You tried to hit him, but he caught your wrist and grabbed your other one tightly. You couldn't pull away from him, he was too strong. Despite your best efforts, it was no use against Peter.

"Peter, stop," you pleaded. His grip kept getting tighter against your wrists. You groaned at the pain, wishing he would just let go of you already. You guys had never gotten into a fight as bad as this. He had never hurt you like this before.

You wished you could take back what you said, not just cause you wanted him to let go, but you didn't mean any of it. Tears started forming in your eyes. "Peter," you said quietly.

He pulled you away from the tree and threw you to the ground. You quickly stood up and looked him in the eyes with a tear-streaked face. "I hate you, Peter," you said and ran off into the woods.

"Good! I hate you too Y/N!" he called as you ran off.

You ran purely on adrenalin for a good 10 minutes before having to take a break on a tree. You weren't sure where you were or if you would ever be able to find the camp, but right now, you didn't care. 

You sat down at the base of a tree and cried for a while. After a few minutes, you heard footsteps behind you. You stood up to see who was there, but you couldn't see anyone, but you thought you knew who it was.

"Peter, I don't really want to talk to you right now," you called out.

"It's not Peter, love," you heard a familiar voice from behind you. Hook.

You turned to look behind him, but before you had a chance, a bag was placed over your head, and you were knocked out.