The Return (Part 3)

"Peter?" Y/n couldn't recall a time she had been more shocked than now. The boy she had imagined as a child was here in front of her. She must be dreaming.

"How do you know who I am?" he barked. He was confused on top of his angry now. He grabbed her by her arms and made her stand up. "Have you been with Captain Hook? The Evil Queen? Who are you in league with?"

"N-nobody. I-"

"Liar!" he yelled, throwing her back down with such force that both her elbows scraped up and bled a bit. "Who are you with? Who else is on the island?"

"I-I don't kn-know. I came here alone!" she sputtered. She was starting to get frightened. She didn't know what to do.

"You are lying to me. Tell me the truth or so help me, I will kill you right here," he said angrily, taking a step closer to Y/n, looking down at her.

"I swear, I am telling the truth. I am not here with anyone! I don't even know who those people are!" she started crying slightly. A few tears fell down her face and she had to hold back sobs. He got down on his knee, grabbed her arms again, much lighter this time, and lifted her to her feet. She was still fighting back sobs when he spoke again.

"Then how did you get here? if you're not working with anyone, how are you here?" he said softly, surprising her considering how angry he had been just seconds ago.

"I-I don't know. I swear! I don't know how it's possible that I'm even back here," she said through tears once more.

"Back here? Who are you?" he questioned, more confused than angry at this point. He let go of her arms as she took a step back. She looked into his forest green eyes. She never thought she'd come across anything like them again, let alone, the pair themselves. Here he stood, real as ever, before her eyes.

"Y/n. I'm Y/n," she answered. She felt his arms push up against her in an instant, pushing her against a tree with force.

"That's a lie. Now I know you're here under orders of the Captain aren't you?" he said, his anger returning. "How do you know who she is!"

"It's me, Peter! I swear," she tried to reason.

"No, you're not!" he yelled, pulling her from the tree a few inches and pushing her back. She couldn't control the tears this time. She was frightened out of her mind and surely by now had cuts and bruises all over her body. "Who are you?"

"Y/n..." she barely pushed out in a whisper. She hung her head and let herself cry. "I-I-I swear. I don't know what else you want me to tell you."

He pushed himself off of her to get a look at her. She slid to the ground in a ball and cried into her knees. She stayed like that for a few minutes. Peter had no clue what to do. Should he believe her? This girl was a teenager, he didn't think that much time had passed since he let her go. This could be a trap. The only other person, besides the lost boys, who knew Y/n existed was Captain Hook. He had tried to take her for ransom so many times, but Peter would never let him. She was far too precious to lose. This girl surely couldn't be that little girl he once knew.

Peter knelt beside her and gently brought his hand up to her arms and pulled them away to see her face. It was streaked with tears and red, but he saw Y/n in her eyes, in her cheeks. He noticed her more now than he had previously. Y/n was back.

"Y/n..." he whispered softly. He started feeling overwhelmed with emotion. The pain of losing her the first time was coming back, but with a mix of joy that she had returned. She nodded and Peter stood up quickly. Y/n looked up at him as he held his hands out for her to grab. she cautiously took them and let Peter lift her to her feet. They looked into each other's eyes for a few moments before Peter spoke.