Ransomed

Requested by SajidaNnn Thank you, guys!!! Simple enemies to lovers here! 

"Were gonna lose," you kept telling yourself. There was no way you guys could actually defeat Peter Pan. It was impossible. You knew what he could do. You had seen, face to face, the terrors that he could cause. 

You knew because you had been on Neverland before.

Yeah, you had little past with him. And none of it was good. He had you on the island before, captured and held hostage. You were only 14 then. He kept you on the island for almost 8 years before you manage to escape his grasp.

When you finally did, you found yourself in Storybrooke. A humble little town in the middle of nowhere. Despite not knowing anybody, it was almost a safe haven compared to Neverland. Most people there didn't know anything about Neverland, therefore, none of them could really help you much. Not that you blamed them. The whole idea of Neverland was kinda crazy. The only one who even knew what you were talking about was Rumplestiltskin. 

He had noticed you were out of place on the streets and had never seen you before. When he pulled you aside, you explained everything. He miraculously understood although you had no idea why. 

He spoke to some people and found you a place to stay. You were staying with a girl named Emma. She was fairly new to the town then, but you quickly grew close to her and her son Henry. You went with them on their crazy adventures and learned that there was a LOT of drama that happens in Storybrooke.

Despite that, you loved it there. It may have been hectic, but you felt more loved and cared for than any other place. Even before Neverland. While you may not have been a fairytale character or daughter of one, they still treated you like you belonged there. Mary Margaret and David were super welcoming and even Regina had warmed up to you a lot. After all, you were really close with her... Grandson? Adopted son? Well... whatever he was.

You just found out that Henry was taken and you needed to find him. On Neverland... It had been two-plus years since you had to even think of that place and now you were going back? Emma offered to let you stay at her place while they went, but Henry meant too much for you to stay behind. You would have to face your fears.

You had started getting last-minute doubts on the ship. While before you were certain you would be able to rescue Henry, you regretted saying that you could actually defeat Pan. You knew how ruthless he was... and after all, Peter Pan never fails.

His famous line. Making you realize just how much of a suicide mission this was for you. He might actually kill you for returning to the island. He probably was not happy you managed to escape. 

Whatever his plan was, you knew it would not be good. All the more reason you needed to save Henry. As the ship made its way through the portal, your adrenaline started pumping harder than before. You wanted to cry, laugh, and throw up at the same time. You started feeling seasick almost. In a hysterical fit of emotion, you sat down against the side of the boat and closed your eyes, allowing yourself to feel the chaotic movements beneath you as you switched realms. 

You started to feel overwhelming guilt as the movements swirled around you. Why else would Pan need Henry than for his selfish needs? What if he is doing this because you left Neverland in the first place? He will take what he wants, but he is often indirect in his path. What if Henry got hurt and it was all your fault? You tried to push the thoughts out of your mind but the harder you tried, the harder they fought to stay.

Finally, after what felt like... a long time, the wretched movements stopped. You were here. You took a long look around. An uncomfortable sense of deja vu clouded your thinking. It was all coming back to you. This beach. You had tried to escape from here many times and failed. Pan always caught up to you.