Wounded

After my ridiculous chapter and the sad one, I am going back to a cute one. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter and all the lost boys were out on a "mission" that he wouldn't let you go on. He had been training you here on Neverland for months now, but he still didn't trust you enough to go with him to fight off attackers of the island. He kept saying "Its way too dangerous."

You sat in your tent for a majority of the time they were gone. You were upset because all of the other lost boys believed that you were ready but Pan didn't. You weren't sure why he didn't trust you, but it made you upset.

You did pretty much nothing. All the lost boys were gone and Pan had ordered you to stay at camp while they were gone. You couldn't go swimming or hang out in the woods.

You occupied yourself with a few books you found that quickly got boring. You then drew some random drawings in the dirt. Anything you could find to do while everybody was gone you tried, but quickly got bored of.

Hours passed by and the boys were still not back yet. You contemplated going to look for them. Maybe you could help them out. You eventually decided against it, not wanting to get yelled at by Pan.

The sun was setting and they still hadn't returned. Whatever happened out there must have been pretty serious. You laid down in bed thinking that you could just fall asleep and hopefully, they would have returned by tomorrow.

You laid in bed for a while before you could hear the many footsteps from all the lost boys outside. You sat up in bed and instantly ran out to see an appalling sight. 

Many of the lost boys were covered in blood and looked awful. Their clothes were tattered and they were all breathing very heavily. Many collapsed on the ground when they made it back to the safety of the camp, needing rest immediately.

Then you realized, where was Pan? He wasn't in the mix of boys. You started to worry until you saw him. You worried again once you realized that two lost boys were carrying him by his arms into the camp. He was very badly wounded and was dripping blood in numerous spots. His injuries were far worse than any of the other lost boys.

You instantly ran to him and demanded the other boys tell you what happened. Peter was conscious but in a very bad state. 

"They went after him the hardest. He wasn't expecting so many attackers," they told you.

"Here let me help," You said as they carried him into his tent

"No, Y/N, go back to your tent. We've got Pan," they told you. You started to get upset.

"Why do you guys think I cant handle anything? Pan wouldn't let me fight with you guys, I should at least be able to help him!" You babbled.

"Y/N," Peter says as he is sat on his cot by the lost boys. "I'll be fine, don't worry about me."

"Peter! You-" You stop midsentence taking a deep breath to calm down. Peter was being unreasonable. At least that's what it felt like at the moment.  "Peter, please let me help you. I know you think I'm... useless, but please. I know what I am doing and I just..."

"I don't think your useless Y/N," he said softly. He excused the lost boys from his tent, leaving you and Peter alone. Your heart quickened at the thought that you two were completely alone. You had liked him for a while, but you felt like you could never tell him.

You grabbed a few items to fix Peter up and return to him, squatting by his side as he sits with his legs over the side of the cot. You lift up his shirt to work on the stab wound in his side. This made you nervous. It was kind of cliche that this made you nervous, but you couldn't help it when your face got red.

He could tell that it made you nervous. He smiled as he saw your face redden. You worked on his side, patching it up and covering it. You then grabbed a wet rag and began to work on wiping some of the already drying blood off of his face.

"Do you know why I wouldn't let you come?" he asked you, making eye contact with you.

You quickly broke the eye contact. "Because you don't trust me? Because you think I'm not ready?" you list.

"Its because I care too much about you," he said, making you look back into his eyes. "I do trust you, and I know you are strong enough to fight, but I just don't want to do anything that could risk your life Y/N. I would never stop blaming myself if I let you fight and you got hurt."

You didn't know what to say. Peter cared about you a lot and you cared about him too. He brings his hand up to your hand holding the rag up to his face and brings it down, not breaking eye contact.

You felt like you couldn't breathe when he brought his other hand up to your face and pulled you in slowly. Your lips finally touched and it was like an explosion of feelings throughout your body. His lips moved passionately against yours. Neither of you wanted to pull away and you ended up kissing for a long time before you had to pull away to breathe. You looked at each other while smiling, your foreheads connected. 

His hand was still on the side of your face when he spoke again. "I love you Y/N," he spoke, breathless.

"I love you too Peter," you say back through a smile. This moment was perfect. You were both smiling at each other when Felix came in saying that a few lost boys outside needed help.

"Okay, " you say turning back towards Peter. "I'm gonna go help. Get some rest okay."

"Okay," he said shifting on the bed. "Wait, before you go," he said standing up, slightly wincing at the pain in his side. He walked over to you despite the pain and pulse you in for another quick kiss. "Good night Y/N."

"Good night Peter."