Dreamshade

Thank you for yet another request from LeopardLight27264! Please feel free to leave me some more.

Your POV

You ran. Hard. You have never won one of Pan's games. You were determined this time. As you sprinted, you dodged the many obstacles that would likely lead to your ultimate downfall in the game.

Hide and seek was kind of horrifying when it was one of Pan's games. At the start, Pan didn't care whether or not you got hurt. It was all a part of the game. He used to let the lost boys do what they wanted to you if they caught you. Now, though, he wouldn't let them lay a finger on you. If they found you, they were to let you be.

That would have been odd behavior for Pan if it weren't for the fact that over the time that you stayed on Neverland, Pan has become very protective of you. He barely would let you out of his sight anymore. Anytime you did anything, he always had you under watch, whether it was him or one of the boys he trusted.

After months of begging to let you play a game, he gave in. After all, Pan loves games, and Peter Pan always wins. 

But not this time.

You had developed a strategy. As long as the lost boys believed you were heading in a certain direction, they would head that way while you diverted your path and strayed away from the boys. If you managed to do that just long enough that their time ran out, you would have won.

It was simple enough, start on the obvious easy path to "safety." The boys would know that you are not that stupid so they would follow you when you derail and head down the "not so obvious" path, but then if you are sneaky enough, you can sneak back up the path that they believed you would be too stupid to have traveled. 

That sounds confusing, but it makes sense. Just make them believe that you're stupid.

You tried to control your breathing, keeping yourself as quiet as possible. You quickly dove off the side of the trail and behind a bush, armed with a rock. As you heard the boys approaching, you threw the rock as far as you could down the path and held your breath as they got closer to you. This was no easy task.

The boys took the bait and ran down the path in which they believed you ran down. You stayed in your spot a little while longer but allowing yourself to breathe. You quietly stood up and stepped from behind the bush to find you had scraped yourself. It stung worse than a usual cut would, but you were sure it was fine. You'd been cut by numerous bushes in the time that you had been here and survived.

(Warning: blood)

You walked away from the trail, hoping to climb a tall tree to further avoid detection until the time ran out. You looked for a few minutes but still hadn't found an adequate tree yet. You suddenly felt wetness in your sock. Looking down, you realized that your leg was bleeding... a lot. The wet, hot, stinging sensation was not pleasant. You suddenly felt yourself getting woozy but thought it was just because of the sight of all the blood until you saw the black running up the veins in your leg.

It was Dreamshade; you had been cut by the notorious poison plant of the island. Your heart started racing knowing that it was only a matter of time before the poison killed you. But you would not succumb. You had minutes left. Surely you could wait until the time was up to tell Peter.

You continued walking, ignoring the sudden deep nausea in your stomach and the roaring pain in your leg. At this point, you didn't want to climb a tree. You just needed to find somewhere to sit before you passed out.

Then, there it was. The noise signifying that time was up. You had won Pan's game! You stood up and immediately, you were out cold.

Peter POV

They hadn't found her yet, she had 30 seconds left. I was honestly quite surprised that her stamina kept up with her. It was not easy to outrun 20 boys who have trained for years to get where they're at.

3

2

1

Time was up. I sounded the noise that meant the game was over. I heard the shouts from the boys. They walked back into camp in three separate groups. Looks like splitting up didn't work.

"Where is she?" I asked when I realized that she hadn't come back yet.

"I'm not sure," one of the boys answered. "Maybe she just fell in a ditch or something." he laughed, along with some of the other boys. I shot them glares and they immediately stopped. They knew not to joke around about Y/n, especially when it came to her safety.

I decided to give her a few more minutes to make it back to camp before going and searching for her myself. What if something bad did happen to her? I would never forgive myself for letting her play one of my stupid games.

When she didn't return after a while, I started getting nervous. I had to find her immediately. It was not easy, she was small and the island was very big. I kicked in my connection with the island to get an idea of where she may be then headed that way.

I teleported to see her body leaned against a trunk, seemingly asleep until I saw the blood. There was so much blood running down her leg by her ankle. Vital blood loss would happen very quickly. It would have been a fairly easy heal if it weren't for the fact that once I saw the black, I knew it wasn't a natural. he had been scraped by a Dreamshade plant.

How long had she been here? She could die literally any second. My pulse quickened as I got on my knees near her to see how far the Dreamshade had reached. She had mere minutes if I was lucky. 

I scooped her up in my arms and immediately took her to the only source on the whole island that could save her at this point: The Fountain of Youth. Panic and doubt started rising as I gathered some water in a bottle and slowly brought it to her lips. What if it didn't work? What if I was too late?

"Please work," I quietly whispered over and over, but she didn't stir. My heart rate quickened again, I started to feel like I was going to cry I was panicking so much. I seriously could not believe that I hadn't warned her at least to look out for the stupid plant.

A few tears fell down my face, making me reach my hands up to my wet cheeks. I never really cried before, it felt bizarre, but I ignored them while waiting for Y/n to get up if she ever did. I started getting hysterical, feeling sobs heaving in my chest, shaking Y/n's body as she rested in my lap.

I held her close to me, letting the tears fall. I never realized how much I cared about her, I never told her how much I loved her. What if I never got the chance? 

"I love you," I whispered, having to say it out loud before I never uttered the words again.

Then, almost like a miracle, I heard it. So faint that I couldn't have heard it unless I listened for it, and I did. "I love you too."

She was alive, and I knew that it would be okay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oof, I don't know how I feel about that one. I wrote this over the span of a few weeks because I have been so busy so I feel like the writing style just sort of wavers through the whole chapter. Well, at least I hope that that was somewhat enjoyable and like I said, I should be having a lot more waiting time in the next few months so, hang tight. Please comment, vote, and leave requests! Thank you!