The Things You Do For Love

Thank you for the request Wolfypaws17!

Peter Pan. Selfish little Peter Pan. The boy who never cared about anyone but himself. Or so everyone thought.

Turns out, Peter Pan was not as selfish as everyone assumed. His motives were just way out of whack and the way he went about things was not the brightest. Deep inside, though he wouldn't admit it, Pan cared. He actually had feelings, emotions, and to most people's surprise, love.

The one girl Pan ever really loved was Y/n Y/l/n. He kept her hidden, safe from the dangers of the world, for he loved her more than anything in his life. He could never let anything happen to her or he would forever take the blame.

With this in mind, a lot of Peter's actions were based on her. Most of the fights and battles he got into were to protect her, and keep her safe. What everybody saw as "evil," had a good intention underneath. Well, for the most part.

His plan was underway. He needed Henry. He needed his heart. Of course, he has a lot of familial support around him. This was not going to be easy, but he had a straight course of action. Peter Pan was always one step ahead of everybody.

First, he needed to trick Henry. Befriend him, then take him. Then, he would need to convince him. He had the heart of the truest believer. He just needed to believe. Believe that he would be doing the right thing, that he would be saving magic. The truth, he could not tell.

As his plan unfolded slowly, he was confident this would work. Until Henry's family was getting closer to breaching his security. They were getting too close too quickly. He time and time again tried to throw them for a loop, send them off their tracks, but they were too smart. They were catching on too quickly.

The day came when everyone was gathered in skull rock. Peter, keeping his composure, continued to convince Henry that he needed to save magic. He was slowly losing hope in his plan, fearing Henry may run back to his family and Y/n would die. Without that heart, he was lost. Even if it meant Henry would die, Peter needed that heart.

Henry was conflicted, but he wanted to save magic, tho his family fought for him, he made his choice. "I have to save magic, I'm sorry," Henry finalized, handing his heart over to Peter. With an evil smirk and his mom with a defeated look, he took only a small piece from the heart, and handed it back.

"What?" Emma blurted, but Peter needed to bury the piece before it lost it's magic, so he flew out. "He only needed a piece? What is he even using it for?"

"I don't know," uttered Regina, "but it can't be good. We need to find out what he's up to. Neil, take Henry back to Story broke. Me and Emma are staying." Neil nodded in agreement, heading back to the rest of the group.

Meanwhile, Pan was ecstatic that he had gotten the piece he needed, with a little bit of magic, the healing fruit would grow within a matter of days, and he could finally heal Y/n.

"Y/n," Pan whispered, walking into the tent where she laid sick and dying. "I did it, I'm gonna save you!"

Y/n smiled and reached out to grab Peter's hand. He gracefully accepted her hand and gave it a small kiss. "So I'm gonna be okay?" she croaked.

"You're gonna be okay, Love. You'll be back up and dancing with the lost boys in a few days Y/n." She smiled at the thought. She truly missed getting to hang out with the lost boys. Sure they came and visited her, brought her food and told her stories, but she wanted to be out in the action. Celebrating with bonfires each night, hunting and fighting of pirates that try to infiltrate the island, dancing with Pan. She missed all of it.

A few more days passed as the excitement grew in Y/n, Peter, and all the lost boys that she would soon be back to normal. The fruit was ready. Just as Pan had gone to harvest, he saw Emma and Regina.

"What are you doing here," Pan yelled, filled with rage and fear that they wold take the fruit from him. "You better leave while you still have the chance. I gave you a way off the island. Either take it now or ill have to kill you both."

"Not until you tell us what you did with Henry's heart!" Regina bit back. Pan got more angry. That was what this was about? They should be lucky that he even let him live AND gave them free passageway off the island, back to their hometown.

"None of that matters. He's alive isn't he? Now go home. I don't want to have to do anything here." Pan retired, walking over to the tree and pulling off the odd looking fruit. With his knife, he quickly sliced off the top, some of the liquid inside spilling over the edge. He gave Emma and Regina one last glare before heading back towards the camp, specifically to Y/n's tent.

Emma and Regina followed, curious to what plant was so necessary to Pan.

"Y/n, its ready." He swiftly brought the fruit over to Y/n's bed, allowing her to drink from the liquid inside.

"Ugh, this is nasty," Y/n gagged at the putrid taste, but after a few seconds, it was like she was completely healed, like she had never been sick in the first place. She smiled in excitement and jumped into Perer's arms who hugged her back joyfully.

"This was what it was for?" Emma questioned, feeling almost saddened.

"I told you to leave!" Pan exclaimed, upset they had followed. "She is the key to Neverland's magic. She grew ill a few months back and I've spent every waking second looking for a cure for her. Without her, Neverland would fall. We wouldn't be able to grow food, everything would die. The island would be uninhabitable. I needed the heart of the truest beleiver to grow the only plant that would heal her."

"I think this is about more than just your island, Pan." Regina uttered. Pan didn't want to admit it, but he couldn't have cared less about the island or the lost boys. This was all for her. His silence told them all they needed to know. 

After a moment of hesitation, Pan spoke, "Don't tell Henry about all this. Just go home. I got what I needed, I'll leave you alone if you do the same."

After they left, the lost boys began a nightly bonfire, the biggest one they ever had in celebration of Y/n's return. They danced and sang for hours. Y/n was having the time of her life, loving every moment she had with Peter and the lost boys. After they exhausted themselves, they had some dinner before everyone began heading off to bed.

One by one, the lost boys headed back to their tents, calling it a night. They were all excited to sleep in the next day, as Pan had decoded the next day would be free of all work. Once everyone had gone to bed, there was only Pan and Y/n left, sitting on a log together holding hands. Y/n's head was resting on pan's shoulder.

"Thank you, Peter, I really missed this. I'm glad to be back."

"Anything for you my love. I missed having you out here every night. So did the boys. They all really look up to you," Peter answered quietly. They sat quietly, watching the last of the fire die out.

"I love you, Peter."

"I love you more Y/n."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, I am very sorry for my long absence. I have had a lot going on these past few months and haven't been able to write that much. I also rushed the end of this chapter because I just got off work. It is definitely not my best work but at least I'm getting something out for you guys. I wish I could say I'm gonna be posting a lot more but I honestly cant promise that right now so all I'll say is that I will try. I still have a few requests to make so I am going to be doing my best to get those out. I am still hoping to write my Spencer Reid book but that's going to take me a long time at this rate. Thank you guys for staying tuned as long as you guys have, I really appreciate all the votes and comments you guys have left for me, it is honestly what keeps me writing at this point. If you want to place a request, I am still accepting them, but I cannot promise a time that they will be out, it is honestly going to be whenever I can get to them and it is first come first serve so I'm making them in order I get them. Again, I really appreciate you guys, thank you.