Intrusion

Y/N's POV

I came to Neverland a few months ago (or what would have been a few months ago. Time doesn't work the same way here.) Peter took me in as he would any other lost boy, even though he thought girls were weak.

I knew I had to prove him wrong. I was a lot stronger than I looked and I was even able to impress Pan sometimes.

I followed all of his rules and did everything he asked. He had tried to find reasons to dislike me, but I kept stepping up and proving against him.

He had recently finally accepted me. He liked to hang out with me and talk with me about pretty much anything. He would listen to me when I ranted and he laughed at my stupid jokes.

It seemed like we actually had an established relationship. I had a small crush on him, but he wouldn't find out about that. Things were perfect.

That is... Until she came.

Wendy Darling.

It was actually kind of nice to have another girl on the island at first. We met and instantly bonded and hung out anytime we could. Some girl time was definitely needed.

She was a great friend and I liked hanging out with her, but there was one problem. So did Peter.

Peter grew a very quick liking to her, whereas it took me months to get him to like me.

She was perfect too. She was beautiful. She was skinny, blonde hair, blue eyes, soft voice. She was what all the guys wanted. Not me. Peter would trade me instantly for someone like her.

Peter grew close to her quickly, very quickly. All of the things that he and I would do now, he was doing with her instantly.

It made me feel jealous. A part of me thought that he just got close to her quicker because of how I proved him wrong about girls, but another part of me also said that it was because I really wasn't as likable as Wendy.

Peter and I started talking less and less while they started talking more and more.

I would be sitting at the fire at night, looking across to see Peter and Wendy laughing together. Without me. One night, I just up and left. I didn't say a word, I just stood up and left.

I got a few confused looks from the boys, even Peter, but he never came to check on me. He stayed with Wendy.

Today, it was clear to the whole camp that Peter and Wendy were flirting with each other.

That filled me with such bitterness that I couldn't express. I wanted him to be doing those things with me.

Wendy was quickly making her way to my hate list. I didn't want to hate her, she actually was really nice and sweet, but I couldn't control the jealousy that surpassed me.

"Hey Y/N!" Peter said, walking up to me by the unlit fire shortly after everybody had woken up.

I smiled upon him finally speaking to me. "Hey!"

Goodness, I missed him. Hearing him speak to me again in his British accent, his hair falling perfectly over his forehead, and his beautiful green eyes looking right into my Y/E/C eyes.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you something," Peter said, his voice lowering.

My heart started to quicken as my thoughts started scrambling. Could this be it? Was he going to ask me out?

No.

He wouldn't... He didn't like me like that. So what did he want? Was I in trouble? Wait... What if he wanted advice about liking Wendy? What would I do?