Swimming

Neverland has been your home for as long as you remember. The trees, the beach, the stars, it has been everything you've known for forever. You have been a lost girl with Pan and all the other lost boys and you fit right in with everybody despite being the only girl on the island.

Today was a break day for everybody. No chores, no missions, just fun, and games.

You loved it when days like this came around. You loved playing childlike games with all the lost boys and just playing them in general. This was something that bonded you and Peter. You both had a very competitive nature and we're always competing with each other, but you both loved it.

You and Peter had easily become best friends and all the lost boys loved you. You were almost like a mother to them. You kept them in line (for the most part) but they also treated you just like any other lost boy.

The sun was beating on everybody as you played around, playing all kinds of games. Everybody was sweaty and out of breath.

You guys had to sit down to try to catch your breath after a while. Eventually, Pan showed up out of nowhere. (Like... Literally. Out of thin air.) Nobody said anything to him, just continued their conversation amongst each other like this was normal. (It kind of was).

He looked around, taking a look at everybody's joyful attitude before coming and sitting next to you.

"So, how have the lost boys been?" He asked calmly. He had been doing a bit of work in his tent so he hadn't been with you guys while you were playing (and dying of heat). It seemed he was done now though, maybe he would join.

"They've been good," You told him, turning to look at him. "Devin almost broke his neck but... You know... Nothing that bad," you said, entertainment and sarcasm present in your voice.

He laughed a bit but didn't say anything in response.

Things recently had gotten awkward between you and Pan. One moment, you would casually be talking and the next, it was like neither of you could find any words to say so there was just an awkward silence.

This was one of those times.

Both of you were trying to find something to talk about that wouldn't make things seem awkward, but you both just kinda sat there. The awkward seemed to be radiating and neither of you could really do anything.

One of the lost boys across from you spoke up finally. (Not that they had known the situation you were in).

"Pan, we should all go swimming." This brought up mutters of agreement amongst the other boys.

Pan smiled slightly, seeming to forget about the situation. "Sure, it's hot out. Why not?" He responded, making the boys cheer in excitement.

It was really hot and cooling off sounded wonderful. Swimming with all the boys sounded like a lot of fun too. Only one problem with that.

You couldn't swim.

You figured you could just sit out and maybe stick your feet in the water to cool off, but you couldn't go in. You hoped the boys wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

The group, including Pan, all went and got changed into more proper swimming attire.

Being on Neverland, nobody really had an actual swimming suit. The boys just wore shorts while you wore shorts and a tank top.

The boys all immediately jumped in. All except Pan. He hadn't shown up yet.

They were all jumping off of a rock into the water just a few feet down below. You had been sitting on the beach not too far from where the boys had been jumping.