Welcome to Neverland

This imagine might be a bit of a trigger warning. It involves talking about abuse and suicide, so, just a warning. Other than that, it's short and sweet so I hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The past few nights had been a rollercoaster of emotions, constant highs, and lows, crying yourself to sleep almost every night. You'd almost even started cutting one night. 

Things have been really bad at home. Your parents had been arguing every night and getting drunk, which eventually led to them hitting you. When they got drunk, they got abusive.

Both your parents would hit you and tell you about how much of a mistake you were. Your siblings did nothing to stop them and never talked to you. You never really believed that they cared about you.

When school came around, you would also be bullied there. A couple of girls would always pick on you and you had no friends. Every day you were alone, and it felt like nobody cared.

You really felt like if you had just decided to end it all finally, things would be better. Maybe you could stop being such a disappointment and give everybody what they want. You gone.

You had no safe place and nobody who cared, except for one. Peter Pan. He had been coming to your window every night. He was the only person who ever seemed to care for you, who made you feel better when nobody else could. He flew to your window, which you always left open for him, and calm you down. He told you stories of a place where time was stopped and you never grew up. It was a place for kids to get away from their horrible lives. 

You had fantasized about this place for weeks, wishing that you could go. You always wondered what it would be like to live in a place where you could feel loved and where you would be happy forever. 

Peter always told you jokes and stories that would make you feel better. He managed to make you forget about all the horrible things happening in your life. He even stayed with you and kept you company until you fell asleep. He was always gone when you woke up though, making you sometimes think he was just a figment of your imagination, someone you created in your head to make you feel less lonely.

One night had been a particularly horrible night. Your parents had gotten really drunk and hit you and pushed you mare than they usually did. They continued to tell you about how you ruined their lives and how they wished you were never born. You were so much of a financial drain, anything they could tell you to make you feel bad, they said.

You had a hard time getting away, but once you did, you ran to your room and slammed the door. They were banging on the door, demanding that you open the door this instant. You leaned against the door crying.

You sat in the fetal position, bawling your eyes out for a long time. eventually, your dad's banging on the door decreased until it just disappeared. You felt so utterly hated that at that moment, you wanted nothing more than to die.

An hour went by when you heard the familiar landing steps of the British boy that had been given you such comfort. You immediately stood up and ran into his arms. 

He immediately hugged you back, saying words to calm you, but you weren't listening to them as you were crying.

"I have a proposition," he said once you calmed down a bit, still in his arms.

You looked up at him, waiting for him to continue. "Come to Neverland with me. You can leave behind this life and start anew. You can live happily... with me."

You started to smile. You had been wishing you could go, and now, you had a chance. You could go. Your chest filled with excitement as you nodded your head.

"I-I can actually go t-to Neverland?" you asked him. He nodded, smiling at your excitement. He loved seeing you so happy after such a long time.

"Come on, I'll take you right now," he said, grabbing your hand and pulling you to the window.

He grabbed you by your waist and you wrapped your arm around his shoulders. This was it. You were going to get away, finally.

You stood on the windowsill, Peter holding tight to you, ready to leave your life behind. You closed your eyes as your feet lifted off the windowsill.

You were flying. You opened your eyes to see your city miles beneath you. You laughed in excitement, causing Peter to laugh amusingly.

After a while, your feet landed on the sand on a beach. The water seemed to go on forever and the forest behind you was beautiful. This was Neverland.

"Peter... This is beautiful! You really live here?" You asked in amazement.

He nodded and smiled at you. "I do. And now, so do you. Let me show you where we will be staying," he said. He then snapped his fingers and you were transported to a different area. It looked like a camp. A few boys were playing around.

"Y/N, welcome to Neverland."