Spencer Reid

Hey everyone! I have a few words to say before hopping into this one. First, I really appreciate all your guys' support and love that you have shown me. I absolutely love reading all your comments and knowing I made just a few moments better for y'all. I hope to continue to do that for everyone, which leads me to my second point. I apologize for my lack of activity recently. I have been working and went through a major writer's block stage for a while but I have gotten back into it finally. I am writing a separate fanfiction right now that has become a really big project for me. It's something I am super excited about and I hope you will be interested, cause I will need your help. It's a Criminal Minds story. I have gotten caught up in the show and binged, another reason I haven't been posting that much, but also that I have been working on that story. What started out as a simple idea that I decided to turn into a small imagine, has grown even bigger than I thought it would, and now I've got big plans. It's something I am super excited for and I want it to be recognized. I don't have a title for it or a cover because I have been nonstop writing it and trying not to distract myself and lose motivation. In just 2 weeks with super late nights, a crap ton of research, and a lot of coffee, I managed to write almost 10,000 words on a document, and I still have plenty more to do. This little story is my exception because I am trying not to rush it. I have grown as a writer and I can tell by re-reading my first couple of imagines in this book. I want to make it enjoyable for the readers and I love the idea. Speaking of, I actually need a name for the main character so if anyone has ideas, please let me know. Names are hard for me which is why I stick to Y/n, but I don't want to do that for this one. Anyways, my last point, I do still plan to write my imagines and I am working on people's requests right now. It's just going to take me a little longer to get them out because of this story. But for now, have this little imagine. I have too many fictional crushes and Spencer Reid just got added to that list so now that I am done with my speech, let's get on with the story. Btw, trigger warning. there will be mentions of death, blood, and murder.

The BAU was everything I had dreamed of, but also everything I feared. The job put me on the field, saving people and catching the bad guys. It was something I had wanted to do since I was a kid watching crime shows with my mom. I told her one day "I wanna be a hero just like them, mom," to which she responded, "I know, you would be great at it, honey." I always thought being on the FBI would have been incredible, and my interest in psychology and behavior led me to the idea of the BAU. I studied and gathered all my necessary background and credentials to get there. The consistent college stress I endured was worth it the day I walked into that building for the first time.

I was nervous, to say the least. I didn't know what to expect or what everyone would think of me. I was younger than most were to join the team. While I was no genius, I was determined. My credentials exceeded their requirements, they didn't have to think too hard to transfer me.

The team was probably a little skeptical of me at first. I didn't seem the type to be on the FBI, but we quickly warmed up to each other. I met my boss first, Aaron Hotchner, the unit chief. While scary and daunting, he seemed easy enough to get along with. He gave me the run down, the typical daily schedule. When to arrive, what to expect, and lots of paperwork. He reminded me that everything was unexpected around here. I needed to make sure I was always ready because, at any given moment, a case could come through. We needed to be on our game the whole time, reminding me that there would be lives at stake while in the field. I understood my job and my role on the team. He welcomed me with a firm handshake, which I returned along with a smile.

"Thank you so much for this opportunity, Agent Hotchner."

"The pleasure is all mine Y/l/n. And, please, just call me Hotch." He gave me a small welcome smile. To be honest, he didn't seem much like a person who smiled that often. His demeanor was very serious and professional, but I knew I would be able to get used to it.