Sooner or Later...You Won't Resist Me [Ch. 35]

Previously: "Cory, have you ever thought about us? Are we friends? Are we enemies? Are we frien-a-mies? What the hell is this?" I asked in complete confused while gesturing from him to me. "I honestly don't know. I've been trying to figure that out all weekend," he answered honestly. "What do you want us to be?" He looked me into my eyes. For a moment we just stared at each other. "I'm not sure," he answered innocently quiet, as if his he didn't want me to take his words the wrong way. The girl had long brunette past her shoulders. She wore a purple shirt with a white jacket and blue jeans. Her eyes were a forest shade green. "Which of Cory's girls are you?" I asked her with fake sweetness and a smile. The girl held out her hand to me and smiled a friendly smile and said, "Madison." My smile slowly decreased. Oh...

Chapter 35 

All three of us just stood there, looking at her in disbelief. Isn't she supposes to be somewhere...I don't know...in a mental institution? But she's not, she's here, standing right in front of me, Courtney and...and Cory. This is Cory's last girlfriend. This is the girl that took part in Cory whole 'I don't date' scenario. This is the girl that was madly and extremely in love with Cory.

This is Madison; the girl who tried to kill herself when Cory broke up with her. This is the girl who slit her wrist with pieces of her broken heart. This is the girl that Cory found half dead in her bedroom with blood surrounding her. If Cory hadn't made it to her house in time, she wouldn't be standing here right now.

She still held out her hand for me to shake. To not come off rude, I reached out and shook it. She kept that friendly smile on her face the whole time until I pulled my hand away. Then there was an awkward silence. "Is anyone gonna invite me in or...?" she trailed off. It seemed to knock me out of my thinking as I blinked to get back to reality.

"Oh, well I was just leaving so--or I could just stay," I began saying as I was about to walk out the door until Cory hooked his index finger around my back belt loop of my pants, causing me to switch up my sentence. He pulled me back, to where I was staying closer to him.

I looked up to see why he'd stopped me from leaving, but he didn't look at me. He kept his eyes on Madison.  Madison laughed a soft innocent laugh. "Please, I'm not here to cause trouble," she said as she stared at Cory.

"Uh, sure, come on, um...come on in," Courtney invited since Cory obviously wasn't going to say anything. We all heading into the living room with Madison leading, I guess she remembered where everything is. Cory had let go off my belt loop allowing me to move freely.

I sat in the big comfy chair. Courtney sat in the chair opposite of me. Cory and Madison sat on the couch. There was silence again. Madison was sitting with her back straight, her legs together, and her hands lying on her lap.

She looked to her left and smiled at Courtney. "Hi Courtney, long time no see," she greeted. Courtney smiled back, although I could tell it was a little forced.

"Yeah, how you been Madison?" she asked with honest curiosity.

Madison sighed with another smile. "I've been great actually. I was released three days ago since I'm now eighteen," she explained. Three days ago? What was I doing three days ago? Oh...that was the night of the dinner.

"Oh, well, happy belated birthday," Courtney told her.

Madison giggled and nodded her head. "Thanks," she giggled. Mhm...she doesn't seem crazy...but looks can be deceiving. Madison then turned to look at Cory, who still didn't say anything, although his eyes didn't leave her. I started to feel a little abandoned because of this.