SOL...YWRM [Ch. 33]

Sooner or Later...You Won't Resist Me

Previously: "So I heard you and Cory whispering again yesterday," I decided to tell her. She suddenly stopped eating and turned to me. "Did you hear anything?" Courtney asked with hope in her voice. . "Hello Miss Dulay. We here at Teen Scene Magazine noticed the pictures you took for Vogue Magazine's Paris addition and we'd like to know if you were interested in posing for our magazine," she explained excitedly."Hey, isn't that the girl from the magazine?" I heard one of them asked about me. Did Cory King just turn down...sex?"Do you still have feelings for me?" Cory asked bluntly. "Does that even matter?" I decided to answer his question with a question. "More than you know," he admitted. "I'll only answer your question if I know the answer to mine," he challenged back. "I missed talking to you. You're very entertaining," Cory acknowledged. Ugh, my life's turning into one of those sappy romance novels Courtney reads.

Chapter 33

Courtney: Meet me in the bathroom across the office! Now! It's URGENT!

I received this message as soon as I pulled into school this warm Friday morning. I quickly headed to that specific bathroom and noticed Courtney pacing back and forth, she looked nervous. "Courtney?" I called to her. She looked up to me and began her ranting. She was talking so fast, I barely caught anything she said.

"...and now they want me to invite him to dinner tonight," she finished breathlessly.

I was quiet for a while as I tried to calculate everything she just said. Something about her parents...Brent Daniels to something with her and dinner...meeting parents...oh! I understand now! Her parents want to meet Brent Daniels, so they invited him to dinner today. "What I'm confused...him meeting your parents is a...bad...thing?" I asked unsure.

She looked at me as if I'd lost my mind. "No! Of course it's a good thing! I'm just, I 'm freaking out! I mean come on! You know how my parents are! They say whatever on their minds! Especially my dad! He chased my last boyfriend and I don't want to loose Brent Daniels. I really like him," she finished quietly.

I walked closer to her and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "How well do you know Brent Daniels?" I asked her. She, again, looked at me like I'm crazy.

"I know him very well, we talk like all the time. Why? Why do you ask?" she questioned me.

"So do you actually think he's the type of guy to be scared off by your parents?" I asked her seriously. She thought about it for a moment, but then sighed.

"You're right. He's not that type of guy. He'll be able to handle it," she said while shaking her head. When we came to that conclusion, we disbursed from the bathroom and headed to class.

When we got in class, I noticed Cory sitting in the desk infront of Courtney and mines. He was talking to Lauren and it seemed as though she was liking what he was saying. I guess Mrs. Greggor isn't here today, I didn't see Mr. Lane either. I followed Courtney to our table, and sat down. Suddenly, someone sat at the table on my left. I turned to find T. J.

"Hi," he greeted me. I shifted a little in my chair, feeling a little uncomfortable. The last time I talked to him, he told me that I had too much going on and to let him know when it all blows over.

"Hey," I greeted shyly. I honestly don't know what to say to him. It's weird that he's talking to me again. I mean, don't get me wrong, all week he's been greeting me, but that's it, nothing more nothing less.

"I just wanted to apologize," he began, catching me off guard. Apologize? Really? "I know I probably came off as a jerk last week and I'm sorry for that. I've had really bad experiences with girls who have male friends and I guess I just acting on reflex," he explained to me.