Sooner or Later...You Won't Resist Me [Ch. 37]

Previously: "So you two are pretending to date?" Courtney asked us skeptically. Cory and I nodded in agreement. "I may have been gone for three years, but I can pretty much smell player all on him. If he's not cheating on you now, then he will eventually," Madison told me wisely, as if she's talking from experience. "So coming from a guy's perspective, if Cory had a girlfriend, do you think he'd cheat on her?" I asked Brent Daniels. "You won't find out by asking 'what if'. Sometimes you just have to that chance," Brent Daniels told me. So here's my dilemma: Do I listen to Brent Daniels...or Madison?

Chapter 37

I stood at the door of the cafeteria, contemplating on who I should listen to. Then I slapped myself...literally. What's the point of dwelling on something that may not even happen, I mean, we're not even dating for real. But a small part of me wishes we were and that I can't deny. So I've come to a conclusion and my decision is this: I'll cross that bridge when I get there, until then, I'll just go with the flow and whatever happens...happens.

I begin my trip to the table and realize that Cory is looking at me like I'm a three legged dog riding a bicycle. When I take my sit next to him, he continues to stare. "Why did you slap yourself?" he asked while pulling my chair closer to him. I shrugged my shoulder and shook my head.

"Because I was being stupid and I needed a good slap," I tell him simply.

He lays his hand on my cheek gently and nods his head in understanding. Then before I know what's happening, he slaps my cheek. Not hard of course, but enough for me to look at him like he's crazy. "I already slapped myself, you don't nee--"

I was cut off when he did it again. I rolled my eyes. "Cory seriously, stop--"

He did it again. "Will you--"

He did it again. "Stop it! Stop slapping me!" I protested while repeatedly slapping his hand away from my face. The people at our table, who were watching the whole thing, started laughing. Cory laughed and placed his hands up in surrender.

"That's the last time I try to help," he muttered playfully.

"That's the last time I try to help," I mimicked his words and voice out of irritation.

"You guys make the weirdest couple I've ever seen," Quentin put his non-wanted two cents in. I flipped him off with my middle finger, and by coincidence, so did Cory.

When we both noticed we were thinking the same thing, we laughed and high fived each other. Quentin just shook his head in amusement. "I'm gonna go get a drink," Madison announced before getting up from her seat. She looked at Cory as if she'd skin him alive before she walked towards the food line.

I pointed after her and looked at everyone. "See! Did you see that look she gave him?" I asked everyone for verification. They all nodded. I leaned back in my chair. Cory draped his arm around my shoulder.

"So how long is the 'happy couple' going to last? You two can't fake date forever," Brent Daniels asked us. Huh, that's actually a good question...I never thought about that. Eventually Cory and I will have to 'break up', I mean, we can't keep this charade going, sooner or later we'll both want to do our own thing.

And Madison doesn't look like she's going to go anywhere anytime soon. I didn't answer her, to be honest, I didn't know the answer. "He's right. We can't keep up with this fake dating," Cory agreed while looking at me.

"Cory! Can you come here for a second?!" a girl called Cory. Everyone's eyes snapped to the girl. It was the same chick that was sitting here talking to him a while ago. She had reddish brown hair and friendly smile on her face as she called him from a few tables away.