Sooner or Later...You Won't Resist Me [Ch. 20]

Previously: "She slit her wrist," Cor finished. "If being in love makes you do stuff like that, then I refuse," he muttered to himself. "Was I about to kiss you?" we both said, then became shocked. "You were gonna kiss me?" we both asked at the same time again. "Wwwwoooow," we both ended, stretching out the word. What. The. Hell. Cory and I were about to kiss each other. What has the world come to...?

Chapter 20

You have got to be kidding me. You have got to be kidding me. You have got to be kidding me. I kept repeating this over and over in my head as I made my way downstairs. As soon as my foot hit the wood floor to the front room, the doorbell rung. And since I was already standing, unlike the others, I went to opened it.

An automatic scrawl made it to my face when I saw who it was. But it wasn't the same plain hatred I usually get when I see her. This hatred felt a little different. She had an excited smile on her face as I opened the door. "Is Cory here?" Kristi asked me, she's another one of Cory's sluts.

She wore a buttoned down, khaki trench coat that stopped just at her knees with some black heels on. I don't even want to know what's under it. "Ummm," I hesitated as I held the door opened, with my arm outstretched with my hand on the door knob. She waited with her eyebrows raised. "Uh, n--"

"Why am I looking at you? Speak," I was about to tell her no until Courtney walked up and asked her. Haha, Fired Up is her favorite movie.Kristi told her she was here for Cory. "Cory! Kris-"

"No! I want to surprise him," Kristi cut Courtney off. She then swiftly walked between Courtney and I and walked up the stairs softly and sneaky like. Quentin, Brent Daniels, Courtney and I watched all of this with confused looks.

"What the hell was that about?" Quentin's voice broke through the silence. Courtney and I looked at each other. She had a sympathetic look on her face as she looked at me. I raised one of my eyebrows at her. What's up with her?

"Isyss...do you--I mean are you--see here's the thing..." Courtney began, but never finishing her sentence.

I focused my curiosity to her as she struggled to get her sentence straight. "Is something going on between you and my brother?" she asked loudly. It seemed like it took all her strength to ask it. Quentin and Brent Daniels, who started their own conversations, paused at her question. I looked towards them and excused us politely.

I pulled her into the kitchen, out of hearing and sight range. "Why? Why would you think that?" I asked her, a little unsure. She gave me a look that said 'don't lie', but I held my own. "Seriously, I don't know why you would think that, you know I can't even stand to be around Cory," I answered.

She crossed her arms under her chest with the same look. "You know me and Cory don't like each other," I answered when she didn't.

"Really, you guys could've fooled me," She muttered under her breath as she shook her head.

"¿Qué fue eso?" I asked kindly with my eyebrows raised, wanting her to repeat what she said.

"I said you guys could've fooled me. You and Cory were basically about to kiss each--"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Do not use me and Cory in the same sentence with the word kiss. And no, we weren't," I cut her off quickly.

She laughed. "Oh please! If I had walked in a few minutes later you guys would've been all over each other,"she laughed. Why is she taking this so lightly?

I glared at her until she stopped. I really don't see the humor. "Seriously Isyss, it's fine if you like Cory. Just admit it, it's okay, this is a safe area," she humored moved her arms around us, gesturing the space around us.