Sooner or Later...You Won't Resist Me [Ch. 19]

Previously: "Tengo ahora [I get it now]! You're a psychic! Well, how much do I owe you for your bullsh*tting session? Because no matter what you say, I'm gonna meet up with T.J.," I asked harshly. Cory chuckled...again. "Yeah, I don't think so," he finished. "No, you didn't. God, no wonder Madison tried to k-" I stopped myself before I finished. Oh no. Please tell me I didn't say that out thought. His eyes were locked on mine and if looks could kill, I'd be dead right now. Remember when I said you don't want to be on Cory's bad side, well, I was over-exaggerating...

Chapter 19

Wash on. Wash off. Wash on. Wash off. This is basically all I've been doing after Cory left. Quentin, Brent Daniels, Courtney, and I were nearly down with the car. We were just finishing up the side windows. Ever since Cory left, Courtney's been freakishly quiet. Every time one of us attempted to start a conversation with her, she'll just make small talk. You know, saying things like "yeah" "uh huh" "okay" "whatever".

Whenever Brent Daniels or Quentin would ask her what's wrong, she'll just shrug her shoulders and say it's nothing wrong with her. She'll put emphasis on the word 'her', hinting that's its Cory. I don't know what it is about twins, but somehow they can sense when the others feeling sad, or angry, or whatever kind of emotion they use with their twin powers.

I had asked her about it before, and she said that it makes her sad that he's sad, or it makes her upset that he's upset. When we were completely done with the car, I smiled and stepped back to get a better view. "We did it!" I announced proudly. Quentin and I high fived each other for congratulations.

"Hey! You guys finally finished my car!" we hear a voice from behind us. We all turned around to face the voice...Mr. Lane.

"Mr. Lane?" Courtney finally spoke with shock and disbelief. Mr. Lane jogged up to us with a smile on his face as he eyed his car.

"With the time I spent dragging this thing through mud, I thought it'd at least take longer," he said as he looked his car over. Wait, what? He got his car filthy on purpose. I decided to voice that thought.

"Yeah, anything I can do to help the school," he admitted with an innocent smile.

"No offense Mr. Lane, but how could you afford this car? Don't teachers make low income?" Quentin asked. He seemed as confused as us all.

Mr. Lane shook his head with a laugh. "How would you know what teachers make?" he asked Quentin suspiciously.

Quentin just shrugged his shoulders. "And to answer your question, I'm not just a teacher," he answered, lowering his voice. Who would've thunk it, Mr. Lane has another job. "Yeah, I'm a highly paid, trained assassin. Right know, my mission is to kill whoever finds out I'm an assassin," he answered seriously. We all just stood frozen. No one spoke, no one moved; we all just looked at Mr. lane.

Not a moment later, we all burst into laughter at his joke, even Courtney. I was glad that she laughed, I hated seeing her sad. Mr. Lane thanked us again and we all decided to head home, well, I decided and they all agreed. Cory just kept popping into my head. I know that we're not the best of friends, well, I wouldn't even calls us friends, but still. An angry Cory is an angry Courtney, and I like happy Courtney.

So Quentin and I piled into my car, Courtney and Brent Daniels in his. When we all made it to Courtney's house, I noticed Cory's car in the drive way; he must be her. We all sat down in the frontroom and talked; just about random and/or funny things. A while passed until nature called, so I excused myself from the group and walked upstairs to use the bathroom. I would've chose the one downstairs but I've never liked that one. Don't ask, I have my reasons.