SOL...YWRM [Ch. 4]

Sooner or Later...You Won't Resist me

Preciously: "Okay! I'm going to go call him! Come on Isyss, I'm gonna need your advice," she said while pulling on my arm, leading me to her room. Before I left, I turned back to Cory, who was still glaring at me. Wow, my comment must've struck a nerve. I gave him an innocent smile, which made him chuckled under a smirk and head to the refrigerator. This is going to be one crazy weekend....

Chapter 4

"Do it."

"No."

"Do. It."

"No, I can't."

"Be like Nike' and 'Just Do It'."

"Okay."

"Really?"

"No!"

This has been going on ever since we made it to Courtney's room. I'm trying to persuade her to call Brent Daniels, but she's so shy it's sad. I see it as a good sign, because it just shows that she really likes him, but come on! He gave her his number for a reason!

We're both sitting Indian style on her bed, facing each other, with her cell phone lying between us. Every now and then she'll pick it up, but places it right back down as soon as possible. "Ugh!" I groaned; it's so frustrating. Why am I getting frustrated you asked....while I'll tell you why...because it's been a full hour! Sixty minutes! And this chick still hasn't called him!

"Fine! You know what? Give me the damn phone! Yo le llamo por ti [I'll call him for you]!" I shout while grabbing the phone.

"No!" Courtney yells, holding the phone down with her hand on mine. I look at her like she's crazy.

"What?" I questioned.

She shook her head. "You can't call him! Then he'll assume that I was too shy to call! Then he'll wanna know why I'm too shy to call! Then he'll question if I really like him! Then the next thing I know, I find him having sex with some STD infected skank! Then it'll ruin all chances I'll have with him because I don't wanna sleep with him and risk getting an Aids or--"

"Courtney!" I cut her off. She's putting too much thought into this. "Calmate [calm down]. It's just a phone call, you'll be fine," I assure my bestfriend. She stared at me, my guess is trying to see if I'm telling the truth. She must've liked what she saw because she took a deep breath and nodded her head.

I slid my hand out from under hers, giving her complete access to her phone. "Okay...okay...be like Nike'," she encouraged herself.

Once she dialed his number, she laid it face up on the bed. I eyes her curiously. What is she doing? Then all of a sudden, I hear a phone ring. My head shot up to her in a 'what the hell?' way, she just shrugged her shoulders innocently.

After the third ring, a deep sensual voice answered with a question, "Hello?" I literally saw Courtney's eyes pop out of her head. "Hello?" he asked again, a little unsure.

I reach over and hit her softly on her shoulder and pointed to the phone. "Uh...hey Brent Daniels, it's me, Courtney?" she asked. She slapped her hand to her forehead mumbling something about how stupid that was, and I couldn't help but giggle.

"Oh! I wasn't sure you would call," he sighed in relieve, which made me smile. Awww....they like each other. Courtney smiled, apparently happy with his response.

"Yeah, of course I'd call. I mean, that's why you gave me your number right...to call you? So of course I'd call...." She babbled. I shook my head.

This girl is going to fall head over heels for him, I just hope she's careful. "So...I was wondering, maybe, you know, if you weren't busy or anything, if you would, maybe, go on a date with me tonight, maybe? I mean, I know it's so short notice but--" he asked shyly, but she cut him off.

"Yes!" she shouted loudly. Courtney started blushing uncontrollably, which made me start giggling again; as quietly as I could. "I-I-I-I mean....yes..." she tried casually to cover up her excitement; it did not work. You could literally hear the smile on Brent's face.

"Cool! Cool, so I'll pick you up around seven o'clock," he responded, although it sounded more like a question.

I started throwing my fist in the air for victory. God, I'm so happy for her! She's finally going on a date with him. I looked at Courtney, to my surprise she wasn't excited at all, her face showed nervousness.

"Okay," she stated. "Can I bring my friend Isyss? You know her, right?" she asked. What? No! I am not tagging along on their date! Uh uh! I refuse to be a third wheel!

There was a pause on the other end, as I looked at Courtney as if she'd just lost her mind. She pulled her hands up shoulder height, gesturing she didn't know what else to do.

"Um...yeah, but...won't she feel like a third wheel?" he asked, as if trying to talk her out of it. See, I knew I liked him for a reason. I pointed to the phone and nodded my head, gesturing he was right. Courtney shook her head.

"No she won't....because uh...she'll have a date as well," she explained.

I looked at her curiously. What the hell is she doing to me?! Now I have to find a date by 7:00, and it's now...5:05! Maybe I can call in a favor from a guy friend of mine...

Brent Daniels agreed before hanging up. I hit Courtney on her arm. She winced and rubbed where I just hit. "Ouch! What was that for?" she asked; completely dumbfounded.

"You dragged me in on this date of yours," I said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

She bit the corner of her bottom lip, something she does when she feels guilty. "Sorry, I just...I got so nervous and I'm going to need you to stop me when I start to say or do something stupid," she explained to me. I just shook my head and put my hand it.

Then I suddenly I grabbed her phone. "What are you doing?" she questioned.

"Que' crees que estoy haciendo [What do you think I'm doing]? I'm about to find me a date," I said with a little attitude. She shook her head and grabbed the phone from my hands, right when I was about to press the call button. "What?" I asked.

"There's no time for you to start calling people, we have to get ready," she said while getting off the bed and heading to her closet.

"Well then, I'm not going as a third wheel," I stated stronger to get my point across. I crossed my arms under my breath as I stood from her bed; trying to show how serious I was.

"You have to go!" she announced, as if shocked at what I said. I nodded.

"Then let me call a date," I said while holding my hand out for the phone she was still holding. Where the hell is my phone anyway? Oh, that's right, it's on the charger downstairs.

"Ugh, then you're gonna have to call all these people to see if they're busy or not and there's no time for all that," she explained.

I shrugged my shoulders with a closed smile and laid on my back on her bed. "Then I'm not going," I said simply, with a smile on my face. Take that Courtney! There's no other way to get me to go! Ha! In yo' face!

But then she did something that made me pop straight into sitting position, my legs dangling off her bed. "CCCCCOOOOORRRRRYYYYY!"

Oh...HELL NO!