Sooner or Later...You Won't Resist Me [Ch. 32]

Previously: I started poses and tossing my hair seductive. "Yes! That's it! Turn to the side and give me a look over your shoulder," Ralph, the photogragher, complimented as he instructed. "Isyss honey, you're check will come in the mail soon, so keep an eye out," Aunt Lashay called out to me. "Can I help you?" she asked, her voice soft as she opened Quentin's door. I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I hadn't expected to see a girl here. "The only way to see if Cory likes you or not is to see if he gets jealous when seeing that you have a boyfriend! It's the perfect plan!" Courtney exclaimed. "Absolutely not. I've already been her boyfriend. And not that that was fun,"-he gave me an appreciative smile-"but I'd rather not go down that road again. It'll be too weird now. And besides, trying to make someone jealous is so cliche," Quentin explained to Courtney. The only thing on my mind is Courtney's idea...

Chapter 32

"Is today your birthday?" Courtney's been asking people in school that all day today. Haha, it's kind of funny watching people's reactions when she ask them.

"Why do you keep asking people that?" I questioned with a laugh as we walked towards her locker.

 "I want to sing happy birthday," she replied simply. I gave her a strange look.

"So just sing happy birthday," I suggested. She then turned to me and gave me a confused look.

"So I can look like a complete idiot singing it for no apparent reason? I don't think so," she answerd as if it was obvious.

I laughed some more at her answer. "Yes, because asking random people if it's their birthday isn't weird at all," I say with sarcasm, earning me a playful push from her.

We finally made it to her locker. She opened it and started placing her books inside. I leaned against the locker next to hers and crossed my arms and ankles. I watched as students were walking pass us, staring at me with wonder, confusion, and awe.

Okay, what the hell is this? Why is everyone looking at me like that? I ignored them and continued looking around until my eyes fell on someone elses.

He was standing against some lockers with a group of his friends that I didn't recognize. I've been avoiding talking and being around him for the past four days or so, and the fact that he got his car back was a plus. The last time we talked, I'd told him we weren't "friends" anymore. And if you're wondering if Quentin and I followed through with Courtney's plan, then the answer is N to the O.

I just feel as though it would be a little childish of me to try and make him jealous. Plus it'll be a complete waste of my time, seeing that he's an ungrateful, disrespectable, horny little bastard that doesn't deserve any of it.

I looked away from him and noticed that Courtney had closed her locker and was talking to me. "...and I hate seeing him like this," she was saying to me as she looked towards her brother. A peg of guilt washed over me. I've been so worried about myself that I didn't even stop to think about how all this is effecting Courtney.

She's in the middle of this whole thing going on between Cory and I. I caught them whispering again yesterday. I couldn't really make out what they were saying but I could've sworn I heard my name. I decided against asking Courtney about it.

"I still think my plan would've worked," Courtney continued. Every now and then she'd make a comment like that. The other day she mentioned something about using Fred. I declined, saying that the idea was to make Cory jealous, not turn him into a murderer. Speaking of Fred, he's walking down the hall right now with Quentin.

"Did you do something important recently?" Quentin greeted me with a hug. I nodded my head as he hugged Courtney next.

"Aww, I didn't know you were giving out hugs today," Fred whined with fake sadness. I laughed at this. He held out his arms with a persuasive smile, gesturing me to hug him. I laughed again before pulling him playfully into a hug.