chapter thirty-six

GEORGIA SKIPPED THE REST OF the school day after her abrupt meeting with Oliver Blythe

GEORGIA SKIPPED THE REST OF the school day after her abrupt meeting with Oliver Blythe. Her friends were confused when she never showed up again. Georgia simply sent them each a text saying went home. see u later. that elicited a variety of responses.

Scott was scared she was plotting the twins' murder. Isaac was relatively indifferent, although he did explain in detail his, Scott, and Allison's prank of sorts on them. Apparently Isaac drove one of their motorcycle's into school before blaming it on them.

Stiles, on the other hand, was freaking out. He spammed her phone to the point where she turned it off and set it aside. Now, Georgia was sprawled out across her couch, both cats laying on top of her. Lou had his face nuzzled into her neck while Buffy was in a circle on her stomach.

An abrupt thumping of knocks at the door startled Georgia. She knew it wasn't somebody there for Willow since she was away all weekend. She had a case back in LA she needed to deal with.

Georgia stood with furrowed brows, walking over to the front door and peering out the window. She sighed in relief when she saw it was just Stiles.

Of course it was him.

"Go away, Stiles!" Georgia called, not opening the door. Stiles lifted his head, spotting her through the window.

"I just wanna make sure you're okay!" Stiles said back, flailing his arms about, "You totally missed out on a prank against the twins—that doesn't sound like you."

Georgia rolled her eyes, growing impatient, "Well, it is! I'm fine so you can leave now."

Stiles huffed, not understanding why she wouldn't let him in. He thought for a few moments before coming up with a new idea, "I went to talk to Deaton about the sacrifices. I've got lots of new information."

Georgia pursed her lips, curious about what insight Deaton could offer. She hesitated for a few moments before inevitably giving in, too desperate for new knowledge.

The door swung open, revealing Georgia dressed in pajamas with a halfhearted glare on her face.

"Come on, jackass."

Stiles had a smug smile as he entered, following her over to the couch. Once they were both seated, Stiles began to ramble about how his day was spent.

For starters, Deaton talked about Celtic druids. They were very connected to nature and meant to keep the balance. He also said that not all the sacrifices had to be virgins, but there would be multiple different categories that would each require three different people.

After finding out the recent kid, Kyle, was in ROTC, they determined that the current category is warriors. Lydia also discovered that the music teacher—a former military figure—was kidnapped and most likely sacrificed.

Finally, good old Mr Harris was missing. Also a former military figure. Through the odd writing on his school papers, it was determined that whatever was doing the sacrifices is known as a darach—or a dark oak.