chapter thirty-three

GEORGIA RAY HAD PURSED lips as she was sat at the island table to her large house

GEORGIA RAY HAD PURSED lips as she was sat at the island table to her large house. One arm was wrapped around herself, the other holding a cigarette up to her chapped lips. She had just finished a bowl of cereal, despite it being relatively late at night.

Although the actual cereal was already completed, the bowl still had a bit of milk left in it. Buffy and Lou, Willow's cats, were sat on the table lapping up what remained. Georgia found them to be pretty cute. They weren't mean or grouchy and enjoyed being held or pet.

Willow herself was currently out shopping, although Georgia wasn't too sure what it was for. Georgia was used to the pantry being consistently near empty, not understanding why Willow was always getting more things. She was a full-blown shopaholic.

Speak of the devil, Georgia suddenly heard the car pull into the driveway.

"Shoo," Georgia whispered to the cats, gently nudging them away. Buffy, the orange one, definitely loved Georgia more than Lou, the solid black one. Lou waltzed away, going wherever he spent most of his days. Buffy just meowed and hopped onto Georgia's lap.

"Georgia!" Willow called out loudly once she entered the house, "I'm home!"

Georgia couldn't help but roll her eyes, "I can hear that."

"Oh," Willow uttered, working her way out into the kitchen. The light haired woman sent a tight lipped smile to Georgia that looked more genuine when she spotted Buffy. Also in Willow's hands were at least a dozen plastic bags held tightly. Georgia was surprised she managed to carry them all.

Georgia reluctantly placed Buffy on the ground, going to help Willow put away some of the groceries. There was also about three bags of other, miscellaneous things that Georgia left there.

"I'm surprised you're actually home," Willow felt safe enough to start a conversation with her younger sister. She slightly regretted it immediately after, not wanting to push boundaries after Georgia reaching out to help with groceries. It may have been a small first step, but it was a first step none the less.

Georgia huffed in annoyance, hunched over while shoving different things into the fridge, "Didn't feel like going out."

Georgia had actually turned down any plans that came her way. Scott and Stiles were going to a party while Allison and Lydia were decorating Allison's room. Georgia just stayed home, although she regretted not going to the party.

"Oh," Willow said again, bunching up the now empty bags to shove under the sink, "Well, I'm glad that Buffy kept you company."

Georgia didn't say anything back, mutely putting her cereal bowl into the dishwasher. Willow grabbed a few random graphic t-shirts and a necklace, pushing it across the counter to Georgia.

"I got you these," Willow told her. Willow always was out buying things for everyone and anyone, "I thought you'd like them."

"Cool."