chapter sixteen

IT WAS THE WEEKEND NOW and Georgia had her arms crossed, stomping through the woods

        IT WAS THE WEEKEND NOW and Georgia had her arms crossed, stomping through the woods. Somehow, Lydia managed to convince Georgia to go shopping with her and Allison. Georgia also wasn't sure why Allison made them go hiking through the woods.

Ever since they picked her up, Allison was giving Georgia nothing but glares and quick, snippy remarks. Georgia just tried to ignore it, hanging back with Lydia.

"Allison, when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting," Lydia was breathing a bit harshly, struggling to keep up with short legs and in heels.

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something. Jackson asked me to the winter formal," Allison ignored her so-called best friend's state of disarray. Georgia had already been informed about Jackson breaking up with Lydia. The redhead in question was taking the whole thing exceptionally well.

"Did he?" Lydia's voice went up a few octaves.

"Uh-huh. Just as friends," Allison did a half-assed job at assuring her it didn't mean anything, "But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first."

"Sure. As long as it's just friends," Lydia played it off as if she didn't care. Georgia knew Lydia was hurting, just didn't want to show it.

"Well, yeah, I mean, it's not like I would take him to the coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything," Allison shot a look over her shoulder directly at Georgia, finally revealing why she was upset. Lydia sent a shocked look in her direction, although Allison already ranted about it.

Georgia said nothing, simply pursing her lips. She knew Scott was desperate to get back with Allison and telling her that it was Scott who forced himself on her wouldn't help him.

They walked for a while until Allison determined they were far enough, coming to a stop. She kneeled down, opening up the large bag she had been carrying. Georgia gulped, realizing Allison was out here to practice using her bow and arrows.

"What does that do?" Lydia had her arms crossed, watching Allison screw something onto the end of one of her arrows.

"We're about to find out," Allison smiled, standing up with her bow.

"Probably not smart to try out weapons you don't understand," Georgia cut in. Allison ignored her, pulling back the arrow and firing at a tree multiple feet away.

The arrow imbedded itself in the trunk, lighting off bright sparks. All three girls flinched. Georgia figured they were used to blind werewolves.

"What the hell was that?" Lydia asked, all of them watching the little flame burn out.

"I don't know," Allison claimed, Georgia uncertain on if she believed it.

"Well," Lydia clapped her glove covered hands, "That was fun!" she said sarcastically, "Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?"