chapter twenty-three

GEORGIA RAY WAS SAT ON the counter in her trailer, eating from her usual jar of pickles

        GEORGIA RAY WAS SAT ON the counter in her trailer, eating from her usual jar of pickles. She was home alone, although Nate should be arriving shortly. Georgia had also finally healed from her fight with Derek aside from a little knick over her ribs.

Georgia perked up when she heard Nate fly into the spot he usually parked in, but he was panting. A minute later Nate slammed open the front door, startling Georgia.

"What the hell's wrong with you?" Georgia asked him. He was acting like a crazy person.

"Your boy witnessed a murder at the car shop," Nate hunched over slightly, out of breath for whatever reason.

Georgia was shocked, hopping off the counter and setting aside her jar, "What? Is Stiles okay?"

"He's fine, come on," Nate waved her over. They both hopped in his police car, Nate driving off to the aforementioned location. He knew Georgia would want to see Stiles after finding out what happened and would rather take her himself.

"Any idea what exactly happened?" Georgia asked, buckling up.

"Nope, that's what we're going to find out," Nate replied. They were silent the rest of the ride, eventually pulling in the automobile repair shop. There was already an ambulance there. Looking around, Georgia spotted Stiles talking to his dad.

"Thanks for the ride," Georgia said as they got out. She saw Scott pulling in a little ways away, "Scott can take me home."

"Alright, kid, stay safe," Nate nodded, walking away. Georgia headed in the direction of Stiles who saw her coming. He met her halfway.

"Hey, Nate said you witnessed a murder?" Georgia crossed her arms as she looked up at Stiles confusedly.

"Remember how Scott saw that thing on the night of the full moon?" Stiles waited for her to nod before he continued, "It was that. It crushed the mechanic dude. It also left behind some type of goo on the door handle, it paralyzed me."

Georgia shook her head, surprised by the creature's abilities, "Wow, that sounds like exactly what we needed right now."

They made their way over to Scott's car, Georgia sitting in the back.

"You okay?" Scott asked his best friend.

"Yeah," Stiles nodded, "You were right. It's not like you. I mean, its eyes were almost, like, reptilian. But there was something about them."

"Were they evilly looking through your soul?" Georgia piped up.

"You know when you see, like, a friend in a Halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes and you feel like you know 'em but you just can't figure out who it is?" Stiles used an analogy to explain how it felt. Georgia and Scott exchanged concerned glances.

"Are you saying you know who it is?" Scott asked carefully, concern evident in his voice.

Stiles sighed.