chapter thirty-two

GEORGIA WAS AWOKEN TO THE SOUND of a firm knocking on her bedroom door

        GEORGIA WAS AWOKEN TO THE SOUND of a firm knocking on her bedroom door. She groaned loudly, rolling onto her stomach and shoving her face into her pillow. Instead of being left alone, another series of knockings echoed out to her along with an impatient sigh from the other side.

"Leave me alone, Willow!"

"It's the first day of school!" Willow tried to make her voice cheery despite the annoyed scowl upon her face, "Can't be late, it's junior year."

The door was whipped open, revealing Georgia with an annoyed glare and mess of blonde hair, "Wasn't it junior year that you dropped out and ran away?"

Willow sighed through her nose, rubbing a hand against her forehead, "Glad you're up," she then turned and walked away, briefly calling over her shoulder, "and it was senior year."

"Whatever!" Georgia snapped before slamming her door and going to get ready.

Having already showered the night before, Georgia was relatively quick at getting ready. She pulled on a black cropped shirt with long sleeves, a pair of black fishnets, and an incredibly short grey skirt. Georgia had a small smirk of satisfaction as she eyed herself in the mirror.

It'd definitely piss off Willow.

Georgia added some chunky jewelry (Nate's ring on her thumb) along with some heavy eyeliner being the focal point of her makeup. From there she brushed through her hair, although it was still a bit poofy.

Finally finished, Georgia grabbed her messenger bag and headed downstairs. She checked her phone, seeing she had no new messages or anything. Unfortunately it was a new phone, meaning she didn't get the chance to listen to any of Stiles' voicemails.

Willow was sat at the counter eating an apple and reading the paper when Georgia walked in. Willow glanced over as the younger girl began to fill her water bottle. Willow swore her eyes about fell out of her head at the sight, "What the hell are you wearing?!"

"Clothes," Georgia shrugged one shoulder nonchalantly, barely able to hide her smug sneer.

"You can't possibly go to school in that," Willow all but spat out, looking at the length of the skirt with serious distaste, "Your ass is just about hanging out."

"Beacon Hills doesn't have a dress code," Georgia informed her dearest sister, going to get a granola bar and ripping it open.

"Georgia," Willow drawled out with a slight head tilt, irate by the constant pushing of boundaries, "I'm your guardian and I am putting my foot down—go get changed this instant."

"Or what?" Georgia's eyes were practically alight with curiosity. She leaned against the island table, both elbows against the cold slab.

Willow grit her teeth, staring down at her. She was about ready to explode before she finally grit out a string of words, "I can ground you."