chapter thirty-one

WILLOW BALMER WAS USED to fighting to get what she wanted

WILLOW BALMER WAS USED to fighting to get what she wanted. Standing at 5' 3", she was a passionate woman. She wasn't one to scream and yell but she was cunning and creative when it came to the battles she fought.

Willow had ran away from her shitty life in Beacon Hills at a pretty young age, leaving behind her eight year old sister and fourteen year old brother. Willow didn't really feel bad for doing this.

Willow mourned by herself when she got the call from Nathaniel saying that their mother passed. Or, well, was murdered in front of their little sister. Still, Willow's pride was too powerful to make her even consider paying a visit to her home town.

Instead, Willow distracted herself with work as always. When she got the call that Nathaniel was the next to fall prey to the inevitability of death, she couldn't get off so easily. No, there was still little miss Georgia Ray to worry about.

Being that Georgia was a minor, she needed someone to take her in. Willow had the chance to decline the offer, but decided not to. Instead, she insisted that they sent Georgia to live with her.

But Georgia was just as passionate—actually, more so—as her estranged older sister. Georgia was insistent on staying where she belonged, even going as far as attempting to end her very life Willow was taking responsibility for.

After having the girl put into the hospital, Willow came to terms with the fact that staying in Los Angeles was not an option. She packed up her hot shot law firm and moved to Beacon Hills. It was either that or she'd receive another dreadful phone call, this time saying Georgia was dead at last.

Willow waited a while before she officially moved. Georgia was still hospitalized anyways. In fact, Georgia remained in Eichen House for the entirety of her summer. Every time they thought she was ready to be released, something would happen and her sentence would be increased.

Not anymore.

Willow had been living back in Beacon Hills for three weeks when she was told that Georgia was okay to come home. Home no longer being a dingy trailer, but a grand, large house.

Willow would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous where she sat in Eichen House's waiting room. The orderly had already met with Willow and discussed the medications Georgia was put on and a synopsis of her time spent with them. Now, the older woman was left alone as she waited for them to retrieve her sister.

"So you're the wicked bitch from LA."

Willow turned her head at the voice that startled her. There stood Georgia Ray, although she looked a bit different from the photos she saw in the news months ago. Willow had always kept in touch with what went on in Beacon Hills without reaching out properly.

The first thing Willow noticed was Georgia's bright blonde hair. That was definitely new, although Willow wasn't sure how she acquired it. Georgia stood with a bag slung on her shoulder and dressed in sweats, her clothes fitting tighter than they did before she was admitted. Her shoes were stripped of the laces.