chapter five

THAT MORNING, GEORGIA jerked awake out of nowhere

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

THAT MORNING, GEORGIA jerked awake out of nowhere. She was dazed and confused as she always was when she first woke up. Reaching over, she grabbed her phone to check the time.

"Whoops," she uttered to herself upon seeing she was a little late. With a huff she jumped up from her bed, tossing aside her black comforter and standing up, stretching. Her arms, legs, and back cracked from the action.

She felt somewhat sluggish as she stripped of her pajamas and pulled on a pair of light wash jeans, pushing the button through the hole. Georgia slipped through the straps to her bra, fastening it before tugging on a tight-fitted, long sleeve, black crop top.

Her make up that day only consisted of blush and mascara seeing as she was short on time. Once she had brushed her hair and grabbed her backpack, she exited the room.

Nate was already in the kitchen, making eggs on the stove while clad in his police uniform. He sent a hesitant smile towards his sister, fearful of her silent treatment he'd been experiencing all weekend.

"Good morning," he greeted, "I'm making eggs, you want some?"

"No," she turned down, focusing on refilling her water bottle in the sink.

"Are you still mad at me?" he decided to ask. He figured the worst she'd do was say yes.

"Never was," Georgia lied, screwing the cap back onto her water bottle and putting it back into her backpack.

"That's why this is the first conversation we've had all weekend?" Nate challenged with a chuckle, trying to lighten the mood.

"Gotta go," Georgia headed towards the door. Nate whistled, gaining her attention.

"Breakfast," he said, tossing her an apple. Georgia caught it and forced a small smile.

"Thanks," she said, trying to convince him she wasn't upset about him bringing up their mom.

With that, she was peddling off towards the school, chucking the apple into the woods. Her phone vibrated in her pocket but she ignored it, more focused on getting to school.

Once there she slid her bike into the rack and headed for the lacrosse field. Early morning practice was going on, hence why she wanted to get there earlier. While walking she pulled out her phone, seeing a text there.

unknown number
HEY ITS STILES MEET ME @ THE LACROSSE FIELD?

Georgia saved his number to her phone before tucking it away, not bothering to respond since she was already on her way. She saw him exiting the locker room with a distraught looking Scott. Picking up the pace, she jogged over and sat down beside him on the bench.

"Yo," she greeted, "What's the 411?"

"Hey," Stiles also greeted, briefly scanning over her appearance, "Scott just told me that Allison's dad is a werewolf hunter or something and shot him."