chapter seventeen

GEORGIA WAS SLUMPED in the passenger seat of Nate's truck, her glare pinpointed out the window

GEORGIA WAS SLUMPED in the passenger seat of Nate's truck, her glare pinpointed out the window. He insisted on driving her to school—likely because of their conversation previously. Nate kept peeking over at her where she wore a grey tank top, a black and grey flannel, and dark jeans

"Don't wait up for me, I'm going shopping with Lydia and Allison after school," Georgia went to jump out of the truck when they arrived at the school, but Nate was quick to lock the doors.

"Shopping? Didn't you just go shopping?" Nate asked. He was almost searching for lies that Georgia may have been using to go elsewhere.

"Yeah, but this is dress shopping for the winter formal," Georgia said in annoyance, "It's different."

"Do you need money?" Nate pulled out his wallet, flipping it open.

"No, you can't afford to give me pity hand outs," Georgia snapped, "I'm probably not even gonna buy anything, just like last time."

"Well then what're you gonna wear to the dance?" Nate deflated, "And I thought Allison hates you for not kissing Scott?"

Georgia breathed out through her nose, about ready to just smash her window and jump to freedom, "I'll wear something of mom's, I'm sure I'll find something. And don't worry about Allison, I've got an idea to make her not hate me."

Nate slowly nodded, an idea popping into his head for later. Sending her a smile, he unlocked her door, "Have a good day!"

Georgia made a run for it, barely even taking the time to shut her door. Readjusting her bag, she was practically storming off towards the school building when her phone beeped. Pulling it out, she saw a text.

stiles
meet at locker room asap!!!

Georgia turned, already halfway there. She didn't bother replying to the text as she pocketed her phone and kept walking. It didn't take her long to arrive at the boys' locker room, barging right in.

Georgia ignored the few strange looks she received from everyone around her. A few boys even hurried to cover up. Georgia just went straight for Scott and Stiles where they were standing.

"What happened now?" Georgia asked instead of offering a greeting.

"I'm not allowed to go to winter formal," Scott said to her, his face broadcasting his upset mood.

"Okay?" Georgia shrugged, not understanding the problem.

"So I can't protect Allison!" Scott exclaimed.

"He wants to have Jackson take Allison instead," Stiles told her about Scott's idiotic plan. Georgia was confused, remembering how Allison told her and Lydia that Jackson already asked her.

"It's worth a shot, come on," Scott was at his last resort, leading the way over to where Jackson was by his locker.

"You want me to take her to the formal?" Jackson repeated after Scott explained the situation to him. Georgia had her arms crossed, standing right beside Stiles.