chapter six

STILES STILINSKI FROWNED AS HE wandered the hallways of Beacon Hills High

        STILES STILINSKI FROWNED AS HE wandered the hallways of Beacon Hills High. His head was angled downwards as he typed away at his phone. He was texting Georgia, although Scott would call it spamming her. She hadn't been in school all day and also had yet to respond to a single one of his texts.

He had been trying to tell her all about Scott failing to quit the game on Saturday or the new curfew but she was unresponsive. Even though they had only been friends for three weeks, he was worried about her. He had gotten attached to Georgia very quickly.

Stiles hopped into his jeep, taking off in the direction of Georgia's house. Or, well, trailer. It wasn't far from the school and he got there quite quickly. That red pick up truck was still parked out front and he saw Georgia's bike leaned against the exterior wall.

Stiles turned off Roscoe, pocketing the keys before opening his door and getting out. For some reason he felt nervous as he walked up to the front door, lifting his fist and knocking.

He could faintly hear noise from inside, letting him know the house wasn't vacant. After a few minutes and a second round of knocks, the tattered door opened.

Nate Ray was the one to open the door, not his younger sister. Stiles gulped now that he was face to face with the handsome man. Nate stood with his chest ever so slightly puffed and his eyes scrutinizing, "Stilinski's kid."

Stiles blinked, nodding frantically, "Uh, yeah—Stiles. Is Georgia home?"

"Why?" Nate asked, crossing his strong arms and giving Stiles a once over.

"W-Well, she wasn't in school today," Stiles clarified, his hands making obscure gestures due to his nerves, "I just wanted to check up on her."

Nate waited a few tense seconds before nodding, stepping to the side, "She's in her room. I can't promise she'll let you in and back out alive."

Stiles let out a small squeaky laugh. He entered, hesitantly looking around. It was homey looking. It gave off a feeling of warmth. There were at least a dozen framed photos on the wall, mostly of Georgia, Nate, and another young girl. There was a small stack of blankets on the pullout couch and a few dirty dishes in the sink. The dishes didn't match and clearly didn't make up a set.

"Um, which room is hers?" Stiles asked, obviously never having been there before.

Nate nodded towards the narrow hallway, "You'll know the one."

Stiles didn't respond and walked closer to the hallway, hearing music. A guitar. He didn't recognize the song, but it was fast paced and sounded like rock and roll. Stiles realized right away which door lead to Georgia's room. Not just because that was the source of the music, but because there was a large alien carved into the wooden door.

Not even thinking, Stiles opened the door and walked in without knocking. Right away, there was a lot to take in.

The room was small and the walls were painted a light purple shade. To his left was a closet with two hampers in front of it, a few articles of clothes in them. There was also a decent amount of clothes thrown around on the floor and hanging off her desk chair.