chapter fourteen

THE SECOND THAT GEORGIA Ray was outside, she was looking for her brother

        THE SECOND THAT GEORGIA Ray was outside, she was looking for her brother. Her hands still shook fiercely at her side, especially now that the adrenaline wore off. They had survived, but Georgia's head was still spinning.

"Georgia!"

Head snapping in the correct direction, Georgia spotted Nate walking towards her. Just at the sight of him and realizing that she was finally safe, Georgia bursted into tears.

Nate was pretty stunned when Georgia ran straight into his arms, hugging him tightly. He instantly wrapped his own arms around her, rubbing at her back.

"Hey, hey," he said quietly. Nate wasn't exactly sure what to do with a sobbing Georgia against his chest. It had been a long time since he witnessed his sister cry, "Are you hurt? Are you okay?"

Georgia still had tears streaming down her red cheeks as she pulled away, nodding with a sniffle, "I-I'm okay. Stiles and Scott protected me."

Nate furrowed his brows, "Are you sure? Why are you crying?"

"Yes, they protected me," Georgia repeated, her lip quivering as another small wave of tears washed over her, "Being in there w-with that thing just reminded me of mom dying."

Nate didn't know what to say despite his confusion. He didn't understand what her being trapped in the school had to do with their mother. Maybe it was just the fear of dying.

Two years ago, Georgia was there when her mom died. Well, when Lillian Ray was murdered. Georgia ended up soaked in blood and barely able to get out what happened between her sobs.

"It's okay," Nate decided to just pull her into another embrace, cradling her head against him. After a few minutes, she managed to calm down and they separated again.

"Can I just wait for you in your car?" Georgia asked, sounding stuffy after the crying session she just had.

"Are you sure you don't wanna go talk to your friends?" Nate double checked.

"Yeah," Georgia sighed, "I don't want them to see me like this."

"Okay, go ahead," Nate nodded in agreement, watching his sister the whole way she walked to his police car. Then, he turned and approached Stiles where he was standing.

Upon seeing Nate, Stiles gulped slightly. He had noticed how Georgia ran off to him crying, not even sparing a glance backwards. Now, Stiles wasn't sure if he was in trouble with Nate.

"Hey, kid," Nate called out, hands resting on his hips clad in his regular uniform.

"Uh, hi," Stiles threw up an awkward wave.

"Georgia told me about what happened in there," he said, setting off a panic within Stiles.

"Right," Stiles nodded anxiously, "What happened in there—in the school."