chapter fifty-five

GEORGIA RAY SIGHED TO herself as she pulled her phone from her pocket

GEORGIA RAY SIGHED TO herself as she pulled her phone from her pocket. She held her thumb over the power button, waiting for the damn thing to light up. Her entire head felt heavy with sheer exhaustion, her body barely functioning.

It'd been over two days. Stiles was still gone. He sent a text, saying he was fine and not to look for him. That was promptly ignored as the whole town was on alert, searching for the Sheriff's son.

They were also looking for Georgia. Nobody had seen her since she left the hospital. She'd been prowling town, desperate for any trace of Stiles. She hadn't caught a single spark of his scent, and that connection between them was somehow severed.

She couldn't find him. It was driving her insane. She'd done it once, she should be able to do it again. But alas, she couldn't. Georgia didn't stop to sleep or eat or rest. All she thought of was Stiles being out there somewhere.

She wouldn't go home until she found him. Nobody could stop her.

Georgia stared down at her phone, watching as it started to vibrate and beep repeatedly. Dozens of calls and texts and voicemails all begging her to come home. She ignored them all, thumbing through her contacts before clicking the proper one.

Calling Robinhood. . .

Georgia held the phone up to her ear, listening as it rang. Allison answered within seconds.

"Georgia?" she blurted, just as shocked and scared as the first time Georgia called her after going missing, "Where are you?"

Just as last time, Georgia ignored her question, "How's Isaac?"

There was silence for a few moments. Georgia imagined she was angered over the lack of answers. Allison wanted Georgia to come home just as badly as the others. The huntress was concerned.

"He's the same. Still in critical condition. Scott and Melissa came by, let me see him. Scott took some of his pain," Allison answered with a weighted sigh. She was stressed, sleeping out at the hospital.

"No updates?" Georgia double checked, gnawing on her cheek. She felt guilty for not being there, but there was nothing she could do. She was better off alone, tearing apart the earth in search of Stiles.

"I'm sorry, no," Allison replied, "But Georgia, you need to come back. Everybody's—"

"Thank you, Allison," Georgia cut her off, "I'm sorry, but I can't come back without him. You know that. I'll call again in a while to check up on Isaac. Watch him for me, please."

"Georgia, you—"

She hung up. Georgia didn't like hurting them, but they'd only slow her down. She was faster than all of them combined, her powers stronger.