chapter twenty-one

GEORGIA DID NOT feel ready for the full moon whatsoever

GEORGIA DID NOT feel ready for the full moon whatsoever. This fact didn't matter, however, because it was already here. That morning, Georgia had an angry scowl her whole ride to school. All she could think about is what would happen later when the moon emerged.

Georgia remembered how Scott got shot by a crossbow his first rodeo and could only hope she wouldn't suffer a similar fate. Georgia wasn't sure what exactly the plan would be, only knowing that Stiles would be there to help her and Scott through it.

"Georgia!" Allison Argent called out for her, heading towards the school entrance with Lydia by her side. Lydia was dressed in a tight dark purple dress, her hair curled flawlessly.

"Yo," Georgia nodded, merging to walk with them, Lydia in the middle.

"You really don't remember anything?" Allison asked Lydia, continuing the conversation they were having.

"They called it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying 'We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days'. But personally, I don't care," Lydia sent then a grin, gesturing to her figure, "I lost nine pounds."

Georgia hummed, glancing Lydia over, "Sure, nothing like a little trauma as long as you come out the other end lighter."

"Are you ready for this?" Allison was still worried about how Lydia would readjust.

"Please, it's not like my aunt's a serial killer," Lydia said smugly before entering the building. Georgia patted Allison on the back before they went after Lydia.

Just as expected, everyone stopped what they were doing to stare at them. Of course they did—those three girls were the talk of the school. Georgia was a medical mystery, Lydia took an extended hike while naked, and Allison's aunt had killed nearly a dozen people.

"Keep staring and I'm gonna start busting knee caps," Georgia snapped loud enough for everyone to hear. This set them all in motion, starting to move about again.

"Maybe it's the nine pounds," Allison uttered to Lydia.

Regaining her confidence, Lydia swept her hair behind her shoulder and began strutting down the hallway. Georgia sent Allison a tight lipped smile, "There's our queen bee."

While Allison went with Lydia, Georgia veered off to the lacrosse field. She meant to meet up with her boys before morning practice, but ended up arriving late. Instead, Scott was already in goal by the time she arrived.

Georgia situated herself on the bleachers, catching Stiles' eye. He waved enthusiastically at her, earning himself a smile and small wave back.

The next boy in line went running to try and score a goal when Scott suddenly charged him, throwing him to the ground. Georgia's brows furrowed, watching Scott quickly sniff the guy's body down.