Chapter 56- Taehyun

Taehyun's POV

(Flashback)

~~Little Taehyun waited nervously for the person to arrive. Everyone seemed excited for what is to come, everyone except Taehyun. Taehyun's pair of doe eyes stared at the oak door, waiting for it to open. Suddenly the doors flew open. A man stepped inside, his heels clicking on the floor with each step. His midnight black cape billowed behind him. The Boss has arrived.

He walked powerfully into the room, which left little Taehyun in fear and awe. Taehyun sat on the floor next to kids his age. Today they were going to be fighting each other.

Taehyun didn't want to fight. He already has enough bruises on his body from practice. He doesn't even pay attention to the class, he just lets his mind imagine what life would be like outside this place.

"Okay everyone!" the Boss said in a clipped voice, "We shall begin!"

A cheer was heard from within the crowd of kids.

A growing smirk crept its way onto the man's face. Taehyun saw that smirk everyday, nonetheless it still scared him shitless. Whenever their gazes met, Taehyun felt like he was being submerged in ice cold water with thousands of needles slowly pricking his skin.

"I shall pick anyone I think needs improvement!" the King shouted.

The Boss's beady black eyes searched for a victim. He quickly looked into everyone's eyes until his gaze landed on Taehyun's. The Boss grinned evilly. That sent deep shivers down Taehyun spine. Taehyun looked down at the floor, he really didn't want to be called.

"Why not....... Kang Taehyun!"

Taehyun bundled up his hands. He didn't want to fight, but he had no other option.

The little boy rose shakily.

The Boss laughed.

"Kang, you can't even stand up properly, how will you fight?!"

The Boss looked into the crowd for another person.

"You over there! Come up here and fight this weak boy!" the Boss said while pointing a daunting finger at another small boy.

The other boy came to the front of the room, where Taehyun was standing.

"Now, you both will fight each other with the skills you've learned. Ready! Set! Begin!!"

Taehyun felt pain shoot up his jaw. He clutched it softly and felt a warm substance coming from his jaw.

Blood.

Taehyun didn't even have time to look up at his opponent before he fell to the ground. The other boy had punched him right in the stomach.

Nausea flooded Taehyun's senses.

The ground underneath him felt cold. Taehyun clutched his jaw and let out a whimper. It hurt a lot.

The Boss blew a whistle. He grabbed the other boy's hand and raised it in the air proudly.

"This boy here has won!!"

The crowd went wild. Applause and cheers filled the air.

Taehyun stayed on the floor. He felt better laying on the floor.

Suddenly Taehyun felt pain on his ankle. The Boss had just stepped on his ankle.

"Get up foul creature!" he whispered to Taehyun, "Don't act like I'm blind, I see that you don't pay attention in class!! You better start paying attention or else!!"