Chapter 1- Yeonjun

Yeonjun's POV

Hey, do you like reading? Well I hope you do because I love to read. I love reading all types of books like mystery and adventure, sometimes even romance. Don't get me started on how much I love Harry Potter. I relate to the characters so much and they are like my only friends. Would you like to be my friend??

"I should really stop talking to myself," Yeonjun muttered to himself, kicking at the dust on the floor of his enormous library. 

"I'm pretty sure everyone in my class hates reading, so I can't make any friends that way." 

Yeonjun is an adopted kid. He doesn't know his biological parents because he was too young to remember anything. He knows nothing about them, not their name, age, height, personality, or even if they are still alive. 

Yeonjun has always daydreamed about meeting his parents. When he goes outside, he would peek at people's faces to see if they had any resemblance to him. So far, luck wasn't on his side. He would come up with different situations in which he would meet his parents because he always assumed and hoped that they were still alive.

He also wondered what happened to his parents. What made them disappear?

Did they hate Yeonjun and just throw him out like expired milk? 

Or did they have financial problems and they had to let him go? 

Or maybe they were killed by bad people? 

Yeonjun hoped that it wasn't anything close to the last option. He would read continuously, to find any information about his family, but he never found anything. His parents wouldn't tell him anything related to his parents, even after his persistent asking. Eventually he found something, his love for reading. That marked the start of his obsession.

He would read anything he could get his hands on. His love for reading soon blossomed more. He would go to the library at school everyday to check out some books to read. 

Unfortunately, his love for books is the same reason why he has zero friends. His classmates would laugh at him for reading so much. They thought that reading was boring. His peers would say 'Why read books, when you could watch movies and actually live life.' The teasing only got worse the older Yeonjun got, but he never gave up on reading books. 

One of his favorite series is Harry Potter because he relates to the main character, Harry. They are both orphans who live lonely lives. They were also raised by horrible guardians. Yeonjun enjoyed reading about magic in the series, it was like he was diving into a whole new world, escaping his own life and reading about a fictional characters' life. Yeonjun sighed to himself, kicking at the crusty dusty floor again, returning back to reality. 

"I should stop kicking at the floor before I make a mark on the floor, and then Mom and Dad get angry at me." 

Yes, Yeonjun calls his guardians Mom and Dad even though he knows that they aren't his biological parents, deal with it. 

The boy decided to just stay still for once and sit on a wooden chair nearby. He plopped himself onto the chair, but suddenly yelped as his bottom came crashing down onto the floor. 

"Shit, I forgot that this chair is broken."

 Yeonjun immediately stood up and hurriedly tried to cover the broken mess with a blanket, but he was too late. His Mom was standing outside of the room, glaring daggers into Yeonjun's skull.

 Yeonjun didn't want to meet her cold glare, so he just looked at her crusty feet while cowering behind the broken chair. 

"YEONJUN FOR GOD'S SAKE CAN YOU NOT BREAK OR DROP EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH, I THOUGHT I MADE MYSELF CLEAR LAST TIME!" Yeonjun felt the humiliation seep into his bones. She is right I break too much things, it's just another thing I need to add to my long list of flaws, Yeonjun thought. He felt the tears welling up in his eyes, "No, now isn't the time to be a weak crybaby" he mumbled under his breath. "YEONJUN PLEASE CLEAN UP THIS MESS, CUZ I AIN'T CLEAN UP ANYTHING" and like that, she stormed off into the unknown.

Just a heads up for future chapters ------>

Bold = My comments on the chapter

Italics = The characters thoughts

Underline = The book

                How did you guys like the first chapter? Please let me know :) I hope you are having a great day today, if not just remember that you owe yourself the kindness you share with other people. Be kind to yourself and love yourself <3333