Chapter 34

It's May 24th and Im currently sitting in the courtyard with the Twins. They are talking about where to open their joke shop once they get enough money. I have my head on Fred's shoulder and a book in my hands. It's about the four founders. I hear my name being called and I lift my head off of Fred. I look around for the voice but cant seem to find it. I purse my lips and George asks me,"Whats wrong?" I shake my head,"I could have sworn someone called my name." Fred rubs my arm lightly and I put my head back on his lap. 

We walk into the Great Hall for lunch and sit at our tables. Before anyone can say anything Dumbledore's voice booms across the room,"I have terrible news. Barty Crouch Sr. has been murdered. It happened this morning. We have no news on who committed this crime, but I promise that you are safe." The room is dead silent while eating. I glance over at Fred who looks at Harry. I turn my head towards Harry who looks very helpless. I glance over at Fred again and nod. Fred then slides down the table and converses with Harry. After a bit Fred goes back to his spot and Harry looks a bit better. 

I sit in the Ravenclaw common room all alone since its about 2 in the morning. I hear my name being called once again. I look around and see something in the fireplace. I lean over and jump when I see a face in the fire. It look oddly familiar. My eyes widen when it says,"Hello my dear." I raise my eyebrow,"Sirius?" He nods and says,"Look I dont have much time. I just wanted to check in with you and make sure you are safe. I hear about Barty Crouch." I fiddle with the necklace around my neck,"Im safe. Where are you?" Sirius sighs,"I wish I could tell you. I do promise that I will see you this summer. Im running out of time. Stay safe and tell that boyfriend of yours that if he hurts you it wont end well for him." I nod and the face disappears into the embers. I sit on the ground shocked. Did I really just talk with my uncle through fire? I sigh and walk into my room and climb into my bed. Am I safe here?