Chapter 87

I walk down to the shop to help out the Twins. Its been a really busy week and they could use some help. I spot George helping out a customer. I walk over to him and he finishes up with his customer. He groans and I ask,"What do you need me to do, Georgie? I'm here to help in whatever way I can." He smiles at me and says,"It would really help if you could tidy up some of the stands. People seem to always knock down nine things just to grab one." I nod and head over to the stand of love potions. I stand all the bottles up and organize them in a heart shape. I turn around and head to one of the stands near the front door. The stand contains a few dozen potions that could help pull some pranks. I hear the bell ring one the door and a voice says,"Miss." I respond,"Just one second please, then I will be right with you." A hand grips my wrist tightly and I swiftly turn around. I come face to face with my father. He drags me behind one of the aisles. A wave of fear rushes over me and my other hand protectively goes to my lower stomach. My father chuckles and says,"I did hear some rumors that you were pregnant, now I know its true." I let out a staggered breath and ask,"What are you doing here?" He responds,"I thought I would pay a visit to the little girl who betrayed me and told people about our little secret." I say shakily,"You are the one who betrayed me. No child should ever have to go through what you did to me." His grip tightens and he says,"Now is that any way to treat your father." I glare at him and say,"Youre not my father. Remus and Sirius treated me more like a daughter then you ever have." My father shoves me to the ground and I let out a cry. He towers over me and kicks me in the shoulder. I need to get to the Twins, they can help. I realize that we are in the aisle of fireworks. I grin to myself and grab one of the fireworks. I throw it into the air before my father can stop me. The loud sound of the firework going off echoes through the shop. I hear a shout and suddenly the Twins have apparated behind my father. Freddie puts his hand on my fathers shoulder and spins him around. Fred's fist collides with my father jaw. George helps me off of the ground and asks if i'm alright. I nod and say,"Help Freddie get him out of here. Please." George smirks at my words and walks over to Fred and my father. George punches my father before shoving him out the door. He locks the door and waves at my father sarcastically. George turns to the crowd of people that circled around the fight,"Well folks, show is over. Since you had to watch that you all get one free sample of puking pastilles." They all cheer and disperse away from the three of us. George smiles at me before walking off. Fred rushes over to me and takes me into his arms,"Was that who I think it is?" I nod and say,"Yes, that was my father." Freds hugs me tighter but when I wince he lets go quickly. He rests his hand on my cheek and asks,"Did he hurt you?" I nod and move my dress sleeve down. A dark bruise is starting to form on my shoulder where my father kicked me. A few tears start forming in my eyes and Fred steps closer to me. He lays a soft kiss on my forehead and says,"He will never get to you again, and thats a promise." I nod and say,"I wasnt even scared about my safety I was scared about the baby. When he shoved me to the ground I was certain he was going to kick me in the stomach." Freddie lays his hand on my stomach and says,"Nothing will happen to the little munchkin. How about you work with me for a bit." I smile and follow him around the shop helping customers.