Sky Hall

"Do you have any friends, Finland?" I asked, feeling like a small child next to him, both in size and experience. "You seem...lonely."

"No, I have some friends. Like my brothers and sisters," he didn't slow his pace down, even as we descended down the steps, out of the lobby and into the cold air outside. The streetscape was all lit with the lights and lanterns hanging from either side of the pathways. "If you're talking about unrelated friends, then Estonia, one of my best friends, and Lichtenstein, but he's more of a colleague than friend."

"Oh," I said, to just indicate that I cared. "We're you always at Oak College, or did you move?"

"No, we don't move." He said. "We stay at one college for all four years."

"Do you like it?"

"You can't hate it," he laughed. "Its a tree. How can you not like trees?"

"Well, they're all different." I pointed out.

"You are right. But really, trees look the same to me, so I wasn't really into what college I am going to."

"I found out just today," I confessed. "Is there a major difference between them?"

"Well, yes, there are differences. " He waved his hands around the building. "As you can see, the gates are different, and I've been in different colleges, they have the same structuring, but they have different wallpaper in the halls, different room layout, but the sizes are the same,"

"So it doesn't really matter?"

"Well, it really doesn't." He looked over the other colleges that we passed. "There isn't much you can do, unless we have in-school sports competition, or to practice for a inter-school meet, you can't really have 'college pride'".

"Oh,"

"It matters more what your sector is, more than your college." Finland stopped at a large hall named Sky Dining Hall and opened the door. "UK is an eccentric person, if you haven't noticed. Money and Mind come together very nicely." As we entered the building, the coldness of the outside faded, replaced with the warmth and smell of food. There were two small restrooms adjacent to the heavy wood door with iron accents that had a plaque on it written 'dining hall'.

"Here goes nothing." Finland muttered. "Do you want to split up?"

"Ehh...."

"We don't have to,"

"I'd rather not." I said. "I'll probably get lost,"

"Your choice. Though there aren't many places to get lost here." With that he pushed the door open, and we entered the noisy and chattering hall. The walls were very tall, and the ceiling above was painted like the night sky, with tiny white dots scattered along the indigo. Four long tables were set up with a huge amount of students, all talking, eating and clattering. The noise was enough to make someone go mad. Finland obviously didn't like it, since he was glowering and frowned upon the scene. The windows were my shoulder width, stretching from floor to ceiling, with each having a stained glass pictures of different types of sky peisages. At the end of the hall there was a type of buffet table with dishes of food from different cultures. A stack of plates was next to the table, as well as silverware and cups.

"Take some food, and meet me at the end of the table nearest to the Orange window," Finland said briskly and went to sit down. I went over to the table, got a bowl, and scooped some soup into it, along with some rye bread. The soup was thick and creamy orange with croutons floating in it, and it smelled like pumpkins. I made my way over to the west side and immediately saw Finland, who waved in my direction. A group of people were sitting with him, all talking to themselves.