Sarcasm? I think not.

Why did I ignore Germany? Well, because I have every right to. Iceland and Japan have asked me about it, both shaking their heads and saying how unfair it was to him. This evening, a very nippy and windy night, Iceland had the brilliant idea of opening the balcony door to let the air in. I obviously agreed, and soon our room turned into an icebox. Iceland and I made a routine of not talking during a certain time parameter, and we both unconsciously agreed on it. I sat on the floor and leaned against the wall, reading a book that Finland gave me, and Iceland worked on his project for an elective. The wind was nicely swirling around me, and the book was interesting. I didn't think that I could find anything better than sleeping, but reading with the sounds of the wind and an occasional Icelandic swear was nice. Almost felt like home. Almost. Until someone crashed into our dorm room, completely uninvited.

"HELLO PEOPLE!" Japan suddenly materialised in our room, sending Iceland forty centimetres into the air. He helped in surprise, and I even though I was also a little shocked, I couldn't help but laugh.

"Japan! What in the world? Why are you here?!" He yelled.

"You guys are total snails. Are you seriously doing homework?" She flicked her ears. She had a pink glittery purse bag and was clothed very lightly, in a white skirt and light blue long sleeve shirt with some red Japanese characters. Her cheeks were light pink and her hands looked raw. "Oh no, Russia. No. No. No. No reading books. Russia, really?"

"What?" I gave her a fake maniacal smile. "I am going to take over the world. Using books."

"Oh boys..." she sighed dramatically. "I came to ask you if you are going to go eat or not."

"We are." Iceland shut off his laptop and turned back to her. "I just wanted to finish, that's all. What are you doing here anyway? You're from a different college."

"Yep. I'm from Redwood. Yours is nicer though. Quieter." She jumped down to sit next to me, reading my book over my shoulder. "You can read that?"

"Some. It's kind of interesting." I snapped the book shut and stood up, placing it next to Iceland's laptop.

"I got here by accident. I meant to call you on the phone, but I walked here, someone was walking to the door, and I thought, hey, why not surprise those guys? I mean, it worked."

"Indeed it did." I leaned against the wall and looked at her. "So what did you want?"

"Want?" She raised her eyebrows with an accusing expression. "I want to go out. To eat. Remember?"

"Ah, yes. Food," I smiled at her as she gaped. "What we need."

"Yes, we can go. I have no more inspiration." Iceland already was outside the room.

"Wow you guys!" Japan was looking at our closets and messily made beds. "You all are real slobs."

"I know. I'm a bit lazy too." I admitted. "My father isn't here to yell at me."

"Well, you're saving his voice," she commented, skipping out of the room to join Iceland. "He's not yelling at you anymore." We went down the hall to the entrance of our college in silence, and Japan decided to stick next to me as the wind blew. I offered her my jacket when she started to press against my ribs from the cold. She thanked me with a little nod and she hid her head under the hood. The little roads were actually full of other students, chatting and going around in their little groups. Nobody minded the sharp winds and how all the statues had steam running out of their mouths like live beings. I began to understand the eccentric structure of Britain, with his colleges named after tree types and the heating and cooling vents attached to the mouths of the sculptures. One effigy looked very real, and Iceland mistook it for a person.