Why I love you

"Ну чёрт!" Russia swore again after Japan snuck behind him. "Japan!" We were in the park we found the name to: Silent Creek. Unfortunately, there was no silence nor a creek in the whole park, that we knew of, because of the amounts of people (mostly students) and the noise that Japan and Russia were making. Japan looked to stalk behind someone, like a cat, and then pounce lightly on their shoulders... exactly like a cat. She already succeeded to surprise me, Iceland and Russia altogether, but she liked Russia's reaction afterward, so she kept on. We were sitting on the ground near some pine trees. The ground was kind of moist, but the pine needles on the earth made sort of a blanket to absorb the moisture. We were lucky there was no snow there. Our current topic was complaining about the schedule.

"I never thought that the most renowned university would have the least freedom to choose majorical subjects." Russia flicked Japan away so that she didn't sneak up on him anymore. He was very passive towards me for the most part, and remained apart. I understood that it was so that Iceland didn't get any hints; surprisingly enough Japan didn't say anything, nor acted suspiciously. I played along as well, acting as though nothing happened over the past month between me and Russia. I did know that this kind of large secret would eventually be revealed, and the more it's suppressed the worse it would get, but I didn't want to embarrass Russia. So I did my part.

"Like what?" Iceland asked. "I think that it's fine. Reminds me of high school."

"That's the problem," Russia answered. "Exactly like high school. Without social emotional class. Which I'm grateful for."

"What is social emotional class?" Japan rounded her eyes.

"The stupidest thing in the world," Russia raved on. "We had to hold hands and talk through our problems. As if I wanted to do that. We also didn't really know each other, so we needed to tell everyone our favourite colour, animal and food. The basic and lowly things. As if I could tell something by your food preferences, unless to determine social class." He shook his head. "I always said black caviar. As if I had it on a daily basis."

"Sounds tough," Iceland conceded. "I didn't have that. But I went to a private school."

"Ooh, so wealthy," Russia teased. "I went to a school with a number for a name. It was even one of the best in the region. School thirty three."

"Did you have to wear uniforms?" Iceland asked. "Because I did. I hate khaki polyester pants and navy blue shirts now. Since I've been wearing that for more than sixteen years." He shuddered at the thought.

"Yes. We did." He nodded. "It was a white dress shirt and black pants. You had to buy them at a particular store too. And don't forget the epalettes. They had to have the school number on them. So all in all, my uniform was almost like an officer's."

"See, I wouldn't mind that kind of uniform." Iceland picked at the pine needles. "Mine is just plainly horrible."

"We also needed to have physical education clothing." Russia continued. "And those had to be bought at a special store as well. I got a reimbursement check my last four years, but that's because my father wasn't going to pay for a new uniform every half year."

"Why half year?" Japan looked confused.

"I was growing," he admitted. "A bit too fast. And buying two pairs of clothing every half year was an unimaginable cost."

"How much?"

"About five thousand rubles for a dress shirt with epalettes," Russia counted. "I don't know how much that's in pounds, but it's a lot."

"Five thousand?"

"It's sounds like much, but when you convert it, it's less," Russia said to her. "But I'm glad that this place doesn't have uniforms."