Flatmate

"Welcome everyone to the most prestigious and prominent university on the globe. All of you have come here because of your brilliant intelligence, undying ambitions, unique personalities, famed doings, and unsurpassed devotion to the Sceinces, Arts, Maths, Technologies and Cultural Awareness. Each and every one of you has had to overcome many obstacles, whether you realise or not. You have proved your strength and loyalty from hardships in the past, and we shall move on to a greater era, fostering peace between the broken, the divided, the weak, the desperate, the old and the young, and now we stretch out our hands to bring solace to those who need it most. We built this school on moral principles, seeing that it was needed to unite generations and people once more, to overcome fear, NLP, false accusations, and influence of outside forces. We need to understand each other, therefore not only creating lasting friendships, but eradicating the notion of fear from the unknown. We only really only fear the unknown, and to banish this unknown we must ask questions, study and delve into the unknown. That is the only way. Unite. Link. Communicate. And Dive." Mr. UK finished his speech, and the whole theatre went up in applause. "Thank you, dear students." He said over the din. Once the chatter and clapping died down, he stepped up again.

"Well, a more informal hello to you all. My name is Mr. UK, I am the headmaster of this institution. I am also the English professor, and I know I'll meet everyone personally, since it is a required class." He nodded to another teacher, who stood up and cleared her throat before standing up on the podium.

"Hello students, my name is Professor France, I teach drama and other arts courses here at IUUP, it's very nice to see you all here, at the start of autumn term. It's an exciting time in your lives, since this is one of the last stages of not having much responsibility, but free reign, at last, am I right?" Several murmurs and chuckles echoed across the room. Some people nodded and laughed as well. Professor France had a grey uniform blazer over a silly frilled white blouse with lace intricate patterns, and a black skirt. The part of her dress that stood out were her scarlet shoes, that see me to dim out the rest of her. She had a plump and kind face, and she wore a little black beret on her head. She looked confident but at the same time, funny.

"When I was your age," she continued. "I know it's hard to believe, I have children of my own now, right here too. But I was a young woman, before this wonderful school was founded, and I felt free, but also alone. I lived alone, ate alone, walked alone, and I was alone everywhere. I was scared to go up and talk to people, and when they came to me, I was scared that they wouldn't understand me, or I wouldn't understand them. I took me years to understand that you just need to try, never give up, and always have the want to move forward, into the future. I think the best that this school will offer you, students, is the chance to meet each other, and forge friendships in a safe haven without fear of lack of understanding. You hold it all in your hands my students." Several students stood up to give her a ovation. As she sat down with the other staff, one by one each introduced themselves and soon people were getting up and shuffling to the exits.

"If you still need a dorm key, come here!" Professor France announced through the microphone. Italy hugged me and said goodbye, only after we exchanged phone numbers and he checked if it was correct.

"See you soon, Germany!" He said, and him and South left. North stayed with me to retrieve a dorm key.

"Ah, Germany, Germany," Professor France said. "We've met before!"

"Mhmm," I nodded back.

"We don't have you separated by year, more by subjects," she explained, consulting her chart. "Ah, yes, here." She fished out a key with the number two hundred and one [201]. " So you are going to be in the Science Sector, that is where your dormitory is and where your school of science is located, since after you've finished prerequisites, you'll spend most of your time there. There are four dormitories per Sector, I marked your dormitory on your map." She pointed to the map, and then gave it to me. "I hope you don't mind being with an older student." She probably caught my falling face and then hastily added. "He's very nice and calm. His name is Finland, and he's a good person. I assure you that dorm switching can be done in two weeks, so if there is a real problem, we can fix it."