R O Y A L T Y | G.B.D

🌺
|Y/N's POV|

"NO!" i yelled after i'd heard Grayson would have to get extra. everyone looked at me like i was crazy but i couldn't care less. "i'll take them." i said.

"are you crazy!?" Grayson glared at me. i ignored him and looked back at the man. "please. i'll take 35, and he can have 20." the man thought for a second before deciding. "sure." i sighed in relief and looked at Grayson.

"please don't y/n." he whispered as tears came to his eyes. "you'd anything for me Grayson. i'm just returning the favor." i kissed his soft lips one last time before going over to where i had to stand.

|Grayson's POV|

they dipped the cane in the bucket of water and made me remove my shirt. i looked at y/n and saw she was looking at me with tears in her eyes.

they made her remove the top part of her dress but covered her chest and stomach with a cloth. a man stood behind her and dipped the cane in the bucket.

she took the first whip and i heard her scream in pain, making me cringe. mine came next but i didn't make a sound. i looked in the crowd and saw both of our parents.

my mom was crying into my dad's chest, not being able to watch. dad was staring off, tears in his eyes. my brother Ethan has tears streaming from his eyes as he watched y/n get whipped for the second time, another loud scream leaving her lips.

my mom cried harder after she'd heard her, and y/n's parents were crying as well. none of her siblings were here because they were all under 12 and this isn't something they should see.

after my 20, my skin was ripped and bleeding. y/n still has 15 more, making my heart ache for her. i hate how she took them. it should be me.

i couldn't put my shirt back on, because the material rubbing against my open flesh would hurt. i limped over to y/n and held her hands. "it's okay baby girl. let me take them, please." i whispered. she shook her head no, making my heart fall.

"pleas-" her first of the 15 whips hit her back, making her let how another scream. that was her 21st.

i moved a piece of hair behind her ear and wiped her many tears. "it hurts Gray." she whimpered as she got hit on open flesh for the 22nd time. "i know angel. stay strong." she squeezed my hand hard as her 23rd.

after 12 more, she was finally done. i walked around to help her up, only to see her back was in a much worse condition then mine. tears came to my eyes, just by thinking of the pain she's going through.

i gently helped her up, bringing her close to my chest. "it's over now angel." i whispered in her ear. she cried into my neck, and i could feel her pain.

"you're okay."

~

"Gray?" y/n asked. "hmm." i looked up and saw she'd just gotten out of the shower. "i need you to do my back." i nodded my head and stood up.

it's been 4 months since the incident and y/n's gashes are just now starting to heal. mine have closed up but they still hurt when i touch them.  we of course got kicked out of the palace and we're back home.

we live together in a small house, but we don't really need anything big since it's just the two of us. she took the towel off her body, leaving her bare. 

i grabbed the cream and softly went over the gashes. i then grabbed the bandages and wrapped them around her. she slipped on one of my shirts and some of her underwear before walking back over to me.

"it was worth it." she whispered. "what was?"

"taking the extra 15. and i would do it 100 more times if it meant you were okay." i sighed and kissed her deeply. "i know you meant well, but y/n, that was supposed to be me. hearing your screams, were worse then any punishment. i love you so much and i could never thank you enough." she smiled and ran her fingers through my hair.

"i love you too Gray. and... i think now's a good time."

"a good time for what?"

"i'm pregnant Grayson. with your baby." my jaw dropped and i stared at her in aww. "my baby?" i whispered. she nodded her head and giggled. "i'm going to be a dad?" she nodded her head again.

i jumped up and with the biggest smile on my face. "we're going to be parents. you're gonna be a mom!" i picked her up, wrapped her legs around my torso.

"i love you 2 more then anything." i whispered and brought her into a kiss, before kissing her still flat belly. we don't need the castle, and the fancy food to be happy. all i need is y/n, and in my eyes, she is my queen.